Chapter 9

Hey guys! Chapter 9 is here! I hope you guys enjoy reading it :D

....................................................................................................................................

Jeanne had managed to get her call through to Paul who picked it up in time. She told him everything she learnt about Maria making sure to avoid taking Hannah's name. The old lady was now sitting handcuffed to a chair in the police station.

She was to be questioned by Paul who had two bodyguards on either side of him.The room was darkened with a clear glass panel connected to an adjoining room where everything was being recorded.

"Maria, do you know why you are here?" Paul first asked.

There was no expression on Maria's face, only her lips turned somewhat downwards showing how she felt.

"Yes."

"Are you involved with Emily's disappearance?"

Maria slowly looked up into Paul's piercing eyes, which he did not look away from, "She did not disappear."

Paul asked confused, "What do you mean by that?"

The old lady let out a laugh, "The little girl is where she needs to be right now. To the world, she is invisible, gone. To us...she is everywhere."

"Who is us?"

Maria smiled, a pleasant calmness present in her aging face.

"Officer, do you think I am alone? I planned all of this?"

Paul listened on.

"No Officer, I am not. I am joined with others, those who share the same ideals and beliefs as me."

What is she on about?

"So what do you believe in that Emily had to be taken away from her family?"Paul inquired.

Maria snorted, "Her family is not innocent as you see they are. They are the reason the little girl has gone."

Astonished, he asked, "What did they do?"

"They birthed a girl."

Paul realized where this was going and sighed, "Please do not tell me you believe boys are better than girls, and girls should be buried in the ground alive."

A look of disgust was present in her face, "Please officer, do not be that crude. We do not think that."

"So then explain."

"The little girl is special, more special than a million riches."

"How?"

"Through her, he will have a new life, a new birth and an old promise would be fulfilled," she proudly declared.

Paul was puzzled by her strange words, "Maria please stop speaking in gibberish. Just tell us where Emily is."

Maria looked angry, really angry, "She will not be handed over to anyone nor can anyone take her."

"I'm afraid you will have to, otherwise, you will have a permanent place in the jail house," Paul spoke with a smile.

"Fine by me officer. Though you will regret it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. The little girl will not be found where she is right now."

Paul motioned for the body guards to take her away and she went without a fuss.