Chapter 7

Hii! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read and voted for my story! :) Sorry for taking very long to update chapter 7, I have been extremely busy with work.

I will also be slowly editing all the previous chapters as they are in dire need of slight changes, I actually cringe when I read them back to myself! If you have any suggestions to make it better, please do share :)

....................................................................................................................................

Jeanne parked her bright white and green car outside of Emily's school and walked into the reception. The weather was gloomy, rain spitting down looking like tiny dots on the grey floor.

She greeted Sophie who told her Dean would be coming soon to visit her. She took a seat in a big round blue chair and leisurely looked around the modern looking reception.

Half an hour later, Dean decided to make an arrival, looking all red and puffed in the face. He shut the door after him and made his way to Jeanne, "I'm so sorry officer for being this late, unfortunately I had to deal with some troublesome kids who wouldn't stop pestering me," he breathed out heavily.

"No problem,"Jeanne reassured waving her hand, feeling quite sorry for his state in appearance.

"I'm guessing Paul has talked to you about why I'm here?"

Dean nodded, "Of course, I'll take you to Hannah, if you don't mind me asking is she in any trouble at all?"

Jeanne immediately replied, "No no, nothing like that at all, just a talk that's all."

"Ah, follow me then."

Dean led Jeanne to a boisterous classroom and waited patiently outside. She could hear laughter and Dean shouting at them to be quiet as an officer was standing outside. Yeah...they still didn't listen.

A few minutes later Dean exited the classroom with Hannah following behind. The headmaster forcefully shut the door waggling a finger at the students through the window in the door.

Dean moved to one side so Jeanne could greet the child properly. She spoke kindly, "Hello Hannah, my names Jeanne and I would like to have a chat with you."

Hannah gazed warily at her then smiled slowly, "Ok...Jeanne."

"Well I'll take you both to a private room so you can have a nice chat." Dean exclaimed clasping his hands together.

Jeanne followed Dean to a small room where a few wooden tables and chairs were placed inside. The officer and Hannah walked into the cold room and Dean closed the door shut. Jeanne sat down in a chair and motioned for Hannah to sit opposite her. She sat down gingerly on the cold chair, hands folded in her lap.

Jeanne spoke first, "So Hannah, how are you?"

"I'm fine," she timidly answered.

"That's good, I'm guessing you're friends with Emily aren't you?"

She nodded a yes.

Jeanne decided to approach the subject carefully as she did not want Hannah to be on the defensive, "I wanted to ask if you have anything you would like to tell me about Emily or anything at all perhaps?"

"No Miss," Hannah replied a bit too quickly and started to fidget with her hands, making nervous eye contact with the police officer.

"Are you sure?" Jeanne noted how anxious she was.

Hannah looked into her eyes searching for something, then turning them away from her, "Yes, I'm sure."

She's hiding something, she's been fidgeting with her hands all that time. I guess I have to say it directly.