Role Practice

Andrew and I walked into the auditorium for my rehearsal when I was stopped by the director. She said "Our female lead just quite and we need you to take her part." I was ecstatic and said I would work on it immediatly. I was very excited because we were putting on Romeo and Juliet. I was also very nervous and my anxiety started kicking in. Before I could panic, Andrew pulled me into an empty room and wrapped me into a hug whispering sweet nothings into my ear to keep me from having a panic attack. He has seen me have one before such as the first date we went on, but that wasn't the worst he has seen. A few years back, I broke down on the last day of school because this girl Katy hated me. She insisted that I was ugly and she even hit me. I couldn't breathe I was so scared. The worst part about it was the fact that people saw, teachers even, but none of them stepped in. I was sobbing. My best friend Krissy tried to comfort me but she didn't know exactly how. I was embarrassed that people would see me breaking down but I also couldn't stop crying. I felt broken and I didn't know how I would ever be the same. I made my way back to the bands cubby rooms with my friends and we all sat in there talking not caring if someone walked in. I was a wreck. I could care less if people saw me. I wasn't worried about anyone coming into the cubby room, but I wasn't surprised when Andrew walked in. He looked shocked, almost as much as my friends when the saw him walk in. I could see sadness and empathy fill his eyes as he asked me with a serious and devastated tone "Shania what happened?" I was still too panicked to answer so my friends told him everything that happened. As soon as they told him he began to look angry. "She did what to you, I can't believe anyone would do that to you. You have never done anything to deserve that" he rushed through his words anger bubbling up inside of him. He began to calm down as I was still in a panic and he slowly came closer to me. He gestured for my permission as he leaned in to hug me and of course I nodded yes. Similar to this time he also began to whisper in my ear. He told me things like , it will be okay, you didn't  deserve any of that, and most importantly, do you want me to stay with you guys in case she comes back. I felt so relieved knowing that he would do that for me and when he pulled back waiting for an answer, I once again nodded yes. He also seemed relieved when I agreed to him staying and he messaged all of his friends that something came up and they should go on without him.
That should have been a clear sign that he liked me. Here we are in a similar position him calming me down while he asks, "Can I help you rehearse?" With a smirk. I can tell he is going to be really good for me.