Madeleine Cookie X Prince Shade Cookie(OC) "Your knight in shining armor~!"

A/n: Madeleine is kinda yandere here but not really? It's complicated, but enjoy nonetheless, apologies for the heaviness of last oneshot, hopefully we won't hit something that hard again for a while unless requested!

The Prince looked around, making sure he was alone. Well, almost alone. He didn't mind many cookies, but some were too much for him to be around for too long.  There was one in particular that he didn't like being around.  One who went by the name of-

"Knight Commander Madeleine has found you, my prince!" Shade shrieked, falling over at the loud, boisterous cry from the Knight.

"Pure Vanilla, Maddi...Did you NEED to be so loud...?!" Shade whined, rubbing his head.

Madeleine floated down, helping the fallen prince up. "My apologies, I was just so excited to see you again! I almost feel like you've been ignoring me...!" Madeleine whimpered.

Vanilla purge Shade's soul. The darned puppy-dog pout. "I have..." Shade muttered under his breath.

"What...?" Madeleine gasped sadly.

"Er, uh, I have....not! In fact! I-I've just been...Uh...planning a...surprise! For my..." Shade swallowed, resisting the urge to vomit. "Favorite knight...!"

Madeleine's eyes sparkled and he giggled giddily. "Oh! Had I known, I would have respected your decision to remain a far distance away from me! Oh, now I went and ruined the surprise..." Madeleine whimpered, kicking a stray rock.

Oh. Oh no. Shade's worst enemy. FEELINGS.

"Oh! No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no! N-No ya didn't! Who's to say you have?" Shade hummed, hoping to better the larger cookie's mood.

It worked. His eyes were back to a sparkling bright blue. Shade sighed. It was like pleasing a little kid. Except said little kid was seven foot six inches, had mecha wings, and was captain of the royal guard.

Maybe Shade could get him a rubber duck. Onwards with yon duck cavalry, Sir Knight! Terrify foes with your quacky friend!

Shade shook it off. He could deal with it. "Uh, Maddi, can we have a little...uh...talk..?" Shade asked nervously.

"Oh, but of course! What would you like to talk about?" Madeleine asked.

"Would...you mind backing off a bit...? You're...kinda making me uncomfortable..." Shade admitted, wincing.

Madeleine was dead silent. Shade was ready for death. "Oh." Madeleine said, voice flat as a floorboard. That..is one of the scariest sounds that Shade would ever hear.

"I see." Madeleine added, nodded seriously. "I'll...leave you alone now." Madeleine nodded. 

"But first, here, I...heard your birthday was coming up." Madeleine said, handing a necklace to Shade. "It's nothing too flashy, merely a trinket. I saw it, and I...uh...thought you might like it." Madeleine smiled shyly.

Shade smiled, taking it. "Thank you, and...thank you for agreeing to back off." Shade smiled. 

Madeleine's heart sped up. "I shall go forth and do my duty tenfold! For you, my prince, I shall do greater than my best!" Madeleine announced, hurrying off.

Shade chuckled, walking back home. The knight was adorable, but Shade didn't feel the same way he did. He wished he could, but...He just...couldn't.

Little did he know, the knight didn't go far. Even if he did, he wouldn't have to search for the Prince for long; the necklace he gave him had a tracker of sorts in it. His prince didn't have feelings yet, but that's okay! They just needed to spend more time together! Away from everyone else! Just the two of them! 

He'd turn around eventually! He'd get his prince and his happy ending! He was supposed to, right?

...............He was doing the right thing...Right...?