Expedition

Brock Lovett was a famed treasure hunter. His most famous discovery was Spanish gold. His critics challenged the salvage rights and ethics, Lovett claimed that he worked alongside museum experts and his findings were treated with respect.

He was also Avery Rosalinda Lovett's savior. The night she had tried to end her life was the night she met someone who did care about her. He even promised her, unlike anybody else, that he would and will never leave her. The seventeen year old spent quite a while doubting him, but eventually started to believe him and stayed glued to his side till current date. He was very dear to her, and she looked up to him, seeing him as the older brother she never had, even if he was two decades older than her.

Ever since she was taken under Brock's wing, she changed, and Lovett was glad that it was for the better even if he didn't know exactly how she used to be.

She became very optimistic about her life, despite her many nightmares about her entire hellish life and previously being suicidal. Although she was quite unsociable, she was polite... most of the time; there were a few incidents in which she refused to be polite. She was very smart and became even smarter when she finally got into a public school; she studied hard and within a year, graduated high school at sixteen. She was also very passionate and incredibly brave. She was also an extremely talented actress, a talent no doubt practiced through long years of skilfully pretending to be happy, patient, polite, though she was still quite feisty and strong willed, and at other times carefree and did not shy away from rude habits, which was something Brock loved about the young girl he saw as his little sister.

Brock, another passionate person.

For the past three years he was obsessively after the Heart of the Ocean, funded by Dave and Barry who were pressing him for finding it. Of course, being the perfect little sister, she supported him and accepted when he asked her to come with him as he knew that, for a reason unknown to them both, she was practically in love with the sea. Brock was meant to work alongside Lewis Bodine and Bobby Buell on the Keldysh. It had been settled, and him and Avery, whom he fondly called Roe or Rose, were to leave on a Sunday morning. Though Avery, not being a morning person, wanted to sleep in. Of course, him being like a brother and taking it upon himself to be brotherly annoying wouldn't have that.

That morning, Avery felt like she felt on most Sunday mornings— as though she had just lain down to sleep in her queen-sized bed— when she was being shaken awake by Brock.

"Roe, wake up," he whispered softly. But Avery didn't want to wake up. Groaning, she batted his hand away and shifted in her bed, bringing her pillow up to her face. That only made Brock roll his blue eyes and chuckle. "I told you to take a break, not to go practice Karate."

"That is my break," she mumbled against her pillow. "You have no idea how exhausting acting lessons can be... I hate being girly and wearing all those a one-piece garments that cover the body and extend down over the legs.."

He chuckled again and shook his head. "They're called dresses."

"Exactly my point," she muttered before removing the pillow from her face and opening her blue-green eyes to stare at him. "Remind me again why I decided to take acting classes?"

"Only way for you to become a sociable person," he replied only to have the pillow thrown at his face.

"Hey!" she said, faking offense. "I have always been a sociable person. I talk to people."

He snorted. "Yeah, with your fist."

She rolled her eyes. "Want to talk?"

"No, thanks. Already had my fair share Friday," he said, shuddering at the reminder of the events that had occurred two days before.