Happy Birthday

Gia's Pov

Viktor went back next day back home as he had mentioned. He left the earrings for me. I don't know if I will be using them, it somehow felt wrong to accept them. It was so ironical, when we were together, he never gifted me anything. I used to remind him and ask for my gift. And now when I don't want anything from him, he is giving me his attention and gifts.

It's been two days since Richard has not been home, nor he is coming to office. I called him few times but he never answered. I was getting worried. There was no trace of him. Even Nathan was not aware of his whereabouts. I thought he would call me today atleast, as today being my birthday.

Whole of office wished me, I even got huge bouquet from the management. Cini gifted me a cute bracelet. But I was waiting for his call, continuoesly looking at my mobile, wishing to hear his voice. Hoping he would call me and wish me. I didn't knew his absence will affect me so much. I was missing him to the point of getting restless. I thought of going to his place to check on him, but backed out at last moment.

I went home early with cake for kids. They made cute handmade greeting cards for me. They were so happy. They had decorated house with ballons and ribbons. We the cut the cake and decided to order pizza for dinner. We were eating, when what Anna asked, disturbed me. I was dreading the very same situation. They were so habituated with him that they were missing him.

"Where is uncle Richard mom?"1 Ana asked.

"Ya where is he?, did you ask him not to come here" Alex asked me, squinting his eyes at me.

"No Alex, why would I do that, he must be busy with something." replied.

"Mom can we make Uncle Richard our Daddy? I like him a lot." Ana asks sweetly.

I looked at dad, he acted as if he didn't hear anything. He was very relaxed with the whole situation. He never asked me once about Richard.

At the same time my phone rang, I dashed towards it, thinking it must be Richard. But it was Rose. I took the call anyways.

"Hey Rose" I greeted her.

"Hey Gia, many many happy returns of the day, Happy Birthday. Sorry for calling in so late."

"Thank you so much and its ok."

"So how was your day?"

"Good, good we were having pizza"

"Oh! Wow. Umm did Richard call you?"

"Huh? No. He didn't"

"Seriously this guy is worrying me now. We are trying to reach him for 2 days, but he doesn't answer. Nathan is going to check on him."

"Ohh! Ya even I..have not heard from him" I told her, Just then I heard Nathan speaking to someone.

"Rich man where are you?" I heard Nathan's voice in background.

"Rich? I am not able to hear you, hello....Rich?
Are you drunk." He continued.

"What happened Rose?" I asked Rose

"I think Nathan made through him and.." she didn't complete her sentance as she too was listening to Nathan.

"Rich bro stop being like this.... No...No you listen to me... don't do anything stupid ok..
I am coming there....just wait." I could clearly hear what was going on and got perturbed.

"Oh god baby, what happened is he ok?" Rose asked Nathan with concern.

"He sounds just like he sounded after....I need to go to him.." he replied to her.

This whole while I was listening to their conversation with panic getting to me.
Was Richard really upto doing something stupid! I need to go and check on him.
I can reach him early than Nathan.

I cut the call and run out.
I was horrified. What if he had already done something stupid.
Oh god please, please don't let anything happen to him. This man is so stupid... I ran towards his house, not bothering about anything.

I must be looking like a crazy lunatic, running on the streets, bare foot and crying like mad.
Cold wind was blowing through my face, making me numb.

I reached at it place and rang the doorbell. No answer, I didn't hear any noise from inside. I rand the bell again continuoesly. Still no answer. I tried the handle of the door, but it was already open. Is Nathan already here? But I didn't see his car.

I pushed the door wide open and went inside. The hallway was in total darknesss. I called out his name. I was not able to see anything, just the faint outline of things with the help of some light coming through windows.

I was scared like hell. House looked empty. Where is he?.

I felt someone behind me. Very close, so close that I could feel the warm breath of that person on my neck. I turned around as a normal reflex action. A hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. I was looking into his eyes, those grey orbs that gave warm embrace to my soul everytime I looked into them.

He leaned in and pecked on my cheeks.

"Happy Birthday love."