4. Teamwork

The four screamed and fled as soon as they saw it. They walked away as best they could to process the situation.

"What the hell was that thing!?" Deuce asked in horror.

"Fgnnnaaaaa! Crowley didn't tell us about this! Let's get out of here!" Grim exclaimed.

"It's awful!" exclaimed Ace. "But did that thing mention something about stones!?"

Just at that moment, the monster appeared around the corner, approaching them again. "Do not... give stones!"

"Then there are still magic crystals left!" Deuce exclaimed with hope.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! No!" Grim cried. "I'm a genius, but I can't defeat that thing!"

"But without the crystal, we will be expelled!" Deuce reminded as he took out his magical pen. "I'm going to face that thing!"

"Are you nuts?!" Ace asked incredulously.

"You can't do it by yourself! It's too dangerous!" Yuu said with concern.

"I won't allow myself to be expelled from school!" answered Deuce with determination.

Yuu still did not know the dynamics of magic in that world, but he noticed that Deuce attacked with magic from different elements, while the giant monster focused on attacking with its beak, reinforced with fire magic and something that seemed to be darkness. But they weren't very effective against the monster.

"Go away! Go away!! Go away!!!" The monster screamed louder and louder.

That it launched an attack that almost reached Deuce, the impact of the blow made him lose his balance and hit the ground. Yuu helped him to get up as soon as possible.

"Stand back if you can't control yourself, Mr. Serious!" Ace snapped. "I'm going to be the one to stop him!"

He launched an attack of wind magic like the ones that morning, but it did not affect the monster less, who made an attack similar to the previous one that was about to hit the young boy. The impact made him stumble.

Seeing that the only two boys with magic had been knocked out, Grim got desperate. "Fgnaa!! Stay away!" He said after throwing a great blow of fire.

The monster growled in response but didn't flinch much.

"It doesn't work!" Grim wailed with little hope.

With the firelight that had lingered on the rock walls of the mine, Yuu could make out something glistening at the end of the tunnel behind the huge creature. "Look there!" He pointed. "I see something shiny over there!"

"That light... Is that a magic crystal!?" Deuce asked in amazement.

The monster seemed to realize the intention of the intruders and screamed: "WON'T GIVE THEM!!"

Grim leaped into Yuu's arms, who instinctively grabbed him on the spot.

"Let's get out of here!" The little monster insisted. "At this rate, we'll be finished!"

Yuu agreed with him. "Guys, let's get out of here!" He exclaimed for Ace and Deuce to hear. "Come on, quick!"

They all left under the watchful eye of the huge faceless creature.

It was not difficult to find the exit and they fled to the area of the cottage. "Have we gotten far enough away?" Grim asked after calming his breathing.

Ace complained about the lingering pain from the fight. "What the hell was that? Nobody told us anything about that thing!" He said in frustration.

"It didn't appear to be a ghost like the ones from before," Deuce said calmer than the three of them.