15. Past Talk

"I'm back!"

Dressed in his sports uniform, Yuu returned to Ramschackle and rushed into the kitchen for water. On the way, he saw Grim curled up on the couch.

"Hi, Yuu! You're finally back," he greeted him. "I've been so bored here by myself..."

"You could have come with me to clean Heartslabyul's garden," Yuu replied, "so you could have done more than just lie there."

"Eh!? No way! Trein's class has been very boring today and PE class has exhausted me. I'm not gonna to fix something I didn't destroy!"

The young boy chuckled. "Okay, okay," he said from the kitchen. "There isn't much left anyway, so I'm sure the garden will look even better than before the day after tomorrow."

He came out with a glass and sat down next to Grim.

"By the way, how's Riddle doing?" The monster asked.

"I didn't see him, but the others told me he's much better now."

"Good to know, I hope he doesn't make a mess like that again..." He sighed. "Hey, there's something I wanted to ask you: how come you didn't demand him something as an apology as Ace did?"

Yuu put the glass on the table. "What do you mean?"

"Have you already forgotten? That guy said horrible things to you! You could have demanded another tart or even tuna cans!" He crossed his forelegs decisively.

"Come on, Grim. I haven't forgotten, but Riddle is still recovering and he has enough with the tart for Ace," Yuu said. "Besides, he already apologized, I don't need him to give me anything."

"You're way too kind..."

In response, Yuu gave a wicked smile. "If you say so, maybe I shouldn't be so kind and cancel my idea of buying you tuna cans at Sam's store as a reward for the great effort you put into the battle."

Grim's ears perked up quickly. "Eh... you know what? Nobody is too kind for anything!" He exclaimed. "There should exist more people like you, yanno? I'm sure the world would be so much better that way!"

Yuu shook his head in amusement. "Look how quickly you've changed your mind," he laughed. "I'll stop by after going to the library, I'd like to try finding there a way to return home."

"Are you also gonna look for something about your tattoo or whatever it's that you have on your shoulder?" Grim asked.

"I was thinking about that too. If I find something, I would like to talk about it with the headmaster to see if he knows something more. Would you like to come with me?"

Grim lay back on the couch. "Another day, I'm sleepy today," he said before closing his eyes.

Yuu sighed before heading to his room to change into his school uniform.

When he got to the library, the first thing he did was search in the digital catalog for related things about prints and symbols, hoping to get some answer to the mystery on his shoulder. He was struck by a book on ancient runes and symbols and settled on that one.

The searching time for terms like 'another worlds' was a bit longer, as the best results offered were just theories and myths.

He considered choosing one of those books to read them slowly until he noticed one in particular that recommended the 'similar searches' part: a book about stories and legends about the Great Seven and other characters who seemed important.

"You have to start with something," he thought, convinced.

With that he could learn more about the figures and legends of Twisted Wonderland, they were important to Night Raven College and it would be good for him to learn popular culture if he was going to stay there for who knows how long.