7. The School

They ran as best they could and arrived just in time for the first class, which took place in the laboratory. For that subject they had to wear lab coats, safety goggles and rubber gloves.

The teacher was a young, attractive man named Divus Crewel. He was elegantly dressed and wore an extravagant coat of what appeared to be black and white striped fur. His hair was black with a large part dyed white. He had the habit of referring to students as 'puppies'.

"I see you're the fresh new faces who will be joining my class today." He told them when they arrived. "Hm? What unusual hair colors, and what an interesting shade of black, not bad at all. Make sure all of you to take good care of it."

Along with his style of clothing, that comment made Yuu think that he had to be someone very perfectionist with appearance.

He suddenly once again felt the burning in his left shoulder too.

After that, the teacher explained how the subject was going to be, assuring them that they would memorize many names of plants and herbs.

Neither Ace, Grim, nor Deuce seemed very excited about it.

In the second period they had Magic History class. This took place in the same classroom where Yuu and Grim talked with the talking picture.

"You seem enthusiastic, Yuu." Deuce told him after seeing him with a glow in his eyes on their way to the classroom. "Are you interested in History?"

"Oh, is that obvious?" He looked away a bit embarrassed for a short second. "But yes, it's my favorite subject!" He explained. "My father was a History teacher, he knew a lot about the history and culture of other countries and used to talk about it at home. He ended up hitting me with his enthusiasm."

"Well, look at that! Now that you are in another world you will learn a totally different history," Ace said.

"Yeah, I was thinking about that right now!"

But his excitement almost went to nothing at the beginning of the lesson.

The teacher was very different from Mr. Crewel: he was an older man dressed in old-fashioned burgundy clothes and holding a black cat with a look as serious and strict as his.

He introduced himself as Mozus Trein and the cat as his familiar, Lucius. He warned that he would not forgive those who fell asleep in class.

The content of the subject was interesting, but the class was slow and soporific with the monotonous voice of the teacher, accompanied by the long and deep meows of the cat.

What Yuu liked the least was that the first lesson was about the Dwarfs' Mine, something he wasn't very excited about because of the recent incident with the ink monster, but took notes as best he could.

Ace yawned and Deuce tried to show interest. On the other hand, Grim didn't hide his boredom.

That subject contrasted in every aspect with the following subject: Physical Education.

They had to wear the sports uniform for the subject, that took place on the sports field. The teacher was Ashton Vargas, a very muscular man with a lot of energy.

Yuu felt the burning in his left shoulder again, much stronger than with Crewel, along with a horrible feeling of discomfort and, for some reason, disgust.

"A magician without physical energy can't exist!" Vargas exclaimed. "So do twenty laps around the field! And then 100 sit-ups!

Luckily Yuu had good physical stamina, but he wondered if it was going to be enough to survive that insane number of sit-ups.