16. End Of Heartslabyul

Days passed until it finally arrived Friday and the long-awaited Unbirthday Party.

After finishing classes that day, Ace and Deuce went straight to the Heartslabyul dorm to finish painting the remaining roses red for the party. Yuu and Grim returned to Ramschackle to collect the ghost camera.

Upon reaching Heartslabuyl's Rose Labyrinth, which had been arranged and restored to perfection. There they were greeted by Cater.

"Hi, guys! You're early," he said cheerfully.

"Riddle told me that it would be off with the head from anyone coming late, so it's better to be sure."

"Ha, ha! Never said better." Cater laughed. "Well, just like last time, you should wear appropriate clothes for the party, so let me help you out."

He took out his magical pen and transformed Yuu's school uniform into Heartslabyul's dorm uniform and Grim's striped tie into one with the dorm's colors.

"Nyaha!" Exclaimed the little monster from Yuu's shoulder. "I have the cool Heartslabyul bow again!"

"Thanks, Cater," Yuu said as he looked at the change in clothes.

"It was my pleasure! By the way, are you going to take pictures with that camera?" Cater asked him as he pointed to the ghost camera, hanging from Yuu's neck. "I like that vintage style!"

"The headmaster gave it to me when he put me as the prefect," Yuu said as he held the camera. "He told me to take photos of moments with friends and students in Night Raven College."

"Have you already taken pictures with it? How do the images look? It's a shame they can't be uploaded on Magicam..."

"Yes, we did several with Ace and Deuce in Ramschackle, they look pretty good."

"And the images move!" Grim added.

"Yes, sometimes they move."

"Really? I want to see it already!" Cater exclaimed. "Acey and Deucey should be finished with the roses by now, come with me!"

She led them to the party area, where all the dorm students, Deuce and Ace, were.

"Guys, you came on time!" Deuce greeted them.

On the other hand, Ace sighed in exhaustion. "Uugh. Not only did we have to clean and fix the garden, but we also had to prepare the party."

"Come on, come on," Deuce answered calmly. "The important thing is that the dorm leader is okay. By the way, Diamond, we've finished painting the roses."

"Good job, guys!" Cater exclaimed. "The garden looks super photogenic now."

Moments later, one of the students played a fanfare on a trumpet, just like the last time.

"Make way for our great leader!" He announced. "The Crimson Ruler! The dorm leader, Riddle!"

Riddle and Trey walked into the party area together after the announcement.

"Long live Riddle, dorm leader!" The other students exclaimed. There was a real sense of joy and admiration in their voices, not only because Riddle had recovered, but also because they were going to have a less tyrannical future in the dorm.

"Hm. The roses are red, the tablecloth is white," Riddle commented aloud after glancing over the area. "A perfect Unbirthday Party." He walked over to one of the tables and lifted the lid of a kettle. "I imagine there is a sleeping dormouse inside the teap..." He took a look inside and his surprised expression made it clear there was nothing inside, but he smiled and put the lid back on. "It doesn't actually matter if it's not there."