36. Visits

On Sunday at noon, Ramshackle's doorbell rang through the living room. "Hm? The headmaster already left hours ago, who could it be?" Grim wondered from the sofa.

"Maybe it's Ace and Deuce," Yuu guessed as he left the kitchen and headed for the front door. "They may want to see how things are doing."

"It's Professor Crewel, I saw him walking towards here a minute ago" the little ghost replied as he pointed to the window.

"Your devoted alchemy teacher, Divus Crewel," the thin ghost commented aloud as he adjusted one of the paintings on the wall.

"That demon teacher, what would he want to do here in a Sunday?" Grim asked halfheartedly.

"Grim, he'll hear you!" Yuu scolded him sternly.

The doorbell rang again with more insistence, making Yuu hurry to get to the door. "He really must be in a hurry!" The big ghost said surprised as he hurried forward. "Shall I open?"

"Yes, let him in," Yuu asked.

As soon as he turned the doorknob, the teacher did not wait anymore and opened the double gate wide. If spirits were not able to pass through solid objects, the poor ghost would have been hit all over the face...

"Prefect, darling!" Crewel said cheerfully as the ghost gave him an irritated look.

"Oh, Professor Crewel! Um... How are you?" Yuu received him nervously while Grim hid behind his legs.

"Miserable as usual, darling! Completely wretched," the professor said with a good humor that contradicted those words as he made his way into the living room. His heavy striped fur coat moved through with each step he made.

"Er, did you know that Crewel was comin' today?" Grim asked in a whisper at the unexpected arrival.

"No..." Yuu replied with the same tone as he followed the teacher.

Getting there, Crewel frowned and looked around critically, as if he was looking for something. "Where is she?" He asked insistently before walking into the kitchen and closing the door behind him. "Where is she?"

"What's he lookin' for? We won't know anythin' unless he tells us, yanno?" Grim said impatiently as he tried to follow him, but Crewel got out quickly and Grim had to step back to avoid being stepped on the paws. "Hey, watch out!" He exclaimed before looking for shelter on the sofa.

"For Heaven's sake! Where is she?" The teacher asked.

"Who, Professor Crewel?" Yuu asked, confused. "I don't..."

"Who else would it be? The girl! Your sister," the professor interrupted him as if it the answer wasn't obvious.

"Yuki?" Grim asked, surprised.

"No time for games! Where is our new student?" Crewel demanded to know as he took out his teacher's pointer, shuddering both dorm residents and the ghosts decided to leave to let them talk.

"Cowards..." Grim muttered under his breath as he watched them disappear into thin air.

"Uh... She just went to the toilet," Yuu replied. "We shouldn't rush her with this, you know?"

Crewel relaxed a little and lowered his pointer with a smile. "Prefect, you're a such a wit," he said before noticing Grim and moving closer to him. "Oh, Grim. I hadn't seen you there, you're not thinking of causing another reckless explosion for tomorrow's lesson, are you?"

"What!? Of course not...!" Grim insisted, feeling his fur stand on end. "I'm a great magician who learns from his mistakes, yanno!"

"I hope so, I don't want more unruly puppies to make a mess in the lab, or I should say 'unruly kittens' in your case.