19. The Investigation

After class and parting ways with Ace and Deuce, Yuu and Grim headed to the infirmary to talk to the young man from Heartslabyul who had suffered the accident on the stairs, since he was the most recent victim.  Since it was an investigation, Yuu had taken the ghost camera with him in case he found anything suspicious.

"We've been told that there are wounded people here. Let's go find them!" Grim yelled.

Knowing Grim well enough and the likelihood that he would say something that might offend people, Yuu scooped him up in his arms. "Grim, before you say anything, look at me so you can see how to talk to people in this kind of situation. Alright?"

Grim frowned slightly. "Okay, okay..." He murmured.

"Very well. These guys have been through something unpleasant, so you have to ask them about it tactfully so they don't feel worse, watch and learn. Excuse me..."

The two Heartslabyul biys who were there had already noticed them with Grim's shriek. The tall, brown-haired boy was lying on one of the beds with his foot bandaged and his green-haired friend was sitting in a chair next to him.

"Who are you?" Asked the student with the bandaged foot.

The other boy smiled as he recognized them. "Oh, you two are the Ramschackle boys who went to the Unbirthday Party," he said before looking at Yuu. "You were also by our dorm to help restoring the garden."

"Oooh, it seems that we are famous!" Grim commented, impressed.

"Yeah, it's me," Yuu said before clearing his throat. "We're investigating the security and the increased number of accidents at the school. We've been told that you're the most recent, so if it's not too much trouble, could you tell me what happened on the stairs yesterday, please?"

"I don't exactly get what happened either. I was talking with him while we were walking..." The young boy began to explain. "Before I knew it, I fell down the stairs."

"Yes," confirmed his friend. "It's not like he slipped or tripped."

"It's like my body had moved on its own..." Added the wounded student. "I wouldn't know how to explain it."

"I see, I understand," Grim commented.

Seeing that they had gotten as much information as possible, Yuu placed Grim on his shoulders. "Thank you very much for your cooperation. Get well soon!" He wished him before leaving. "Let's find the next one, Grim."

The next person was a second-year Pomefiore student with purple hair and a bandaged hand, who was found in his classroom while talking to a dark-blond-haired student from his own dorm.

"Let me do the talking this time!" I think I have it," Grim insisted.

"Okay," Yuu said as they entered the classroom and she picked him up again. "Do it like I told you: tactfully, okay?"

"Okay," Grim said before turning to both Pomefiore students. "Hey, hey. You hurt yourself a lot a few days ago, right?" He snapped. "Tell us what happened!"

Yuu wished to be swallowed by the earth at that moment. "Grim!"

"And who are you two?" The wounded student asked in his deep voice, obviously annoyed, but calm.

"He's already feeling bad because he can't participate in the Magift tournament after all his hard training!"  His friend asked with indignation and his high-pitched and offended, but elegant tone of voice.

"How can you be so insensitive and throw salt in my wound!" The purple-haired student  exclaimed dramatically and forcefully as he pulled a glove from his jacket pocket. "I challenge you to a duel! Pick up the glove and let's fight!" And he decisively threw it to the ground.