Amnesia

"Kat"

"Huh." The sound of her name and gentle rocking motion woke her from her sleep. It took a moment or two for Kat's blurry vision to fade and Debbie's face to appear before her.

"Hey, scooch over." Debbie warmly smiled as she placed two cups on the table next to the bed.

"What time is it?" Kat grumbled into the pillow and shifted over to the cool side of the bed.

"It's a little before 8." Debbie winced at the overly warm contents of her cup. "You're going to need to get ready soon, we're going to Pisa today, remember."

"Ugh, I forgot about that. What time are we leaving?" Kat shuffled up the bed and sat up to drink her tea.

"8:30 on the dot," Debbie announced before taking another sip from her cup.

Kat nodded her head. "Did Jack come round at all?" She asked, rubbing her itchy eyes.

Debbie shook her head. "No, mate. Sorry"

"Oh, are they still coming along today?"

"Yep, we'll they haven't said they are not."

Kat leant over Debbie and grabbed her phone, tossing it straight back onto the bed at the sight of no notifications from Damian.

"Nothing from him?" Debbie softly enquired.

"Nope, nothing." Kat sipped her tea. "I'm guessing he's not back and not that he's just ignoring me."

"He won't be ignoring you Kat, but I am surprised that Jack still hasn't been around to tell you what happened."

Kat's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she finished her tea. "It is what it is, right." Kat jumped out of the bed. "Maybe it's a blessing in disguise."

Debbie sighed heavily as Kat moved energetically around the room getting herself ready.

"Look, it's our last proper day here, tomorrow we'll be getting ready to go home so let's make the most of getting to spend it together with no distractions. Like it was always supposed to be." Kat smiled widely as she disappeared into the bathroom.

"Ok, if you say so." Debbie quietly mumbled as she got up. "Right, I'm going to go and finish getting ready."

Kat popped her head around the partition and nodded to Debbie as she continued to brush her teeth.

"Knock my door when you're going down, ok?"

Kat nodded, continuing to froth at the mouth from the toothpaste.

"You have 15 minutes left Kat, we have to be at the bus at 8:30, ok?"

Kat nodded again.

"I mean it, Kat, 15 minutes." Debbie smiled as Kat gave her a thumbs up before rushing to the sink to empty her mouth.

There was still no messages on her phone when she checked it again on leaving her room 10 minutes later.

"Ready?" Kat forcefully knocked on Debbie's door as she passed.

"You not taking a jacket?" Debbie eyed Kat's thin white t-shirt as she adjusted the collars on her denim jacket.

Kat's stomach churned at the stark reminder of Damian's constant requests to wear jackets. "Nope, I'm going jacket-less today." She tightened her messy bun then strode past Debbie towards the stairs.

As they reached the foyer they were greeted by everyone, including Matt, Harry, Chad, Tyler and Jack.

Kat felt her head drop at Damian's missing presence but quickly lifted her chin back up and put on a smile to greet everyone.