Party for one

"Ooh, that's a pretty dress," Joyce announced as she entered the kitchen.

"What, this old thing?" Kat swished the floral summer dress back and forth in jest.

"You doing ok?" Joyce stood next to Kat who was decoratively placing different berries on top of her 3 tier sponge cake.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Guess I just needed to have a good old bake." Kat jovially giggled.

"This looks amazing." Joyce popped a blueberry into her mouth. "In fact, I think it's probably the best one I've ever seen."

Kat blushed at Joyce's compliment and placed the final strawberry on top before lightly dusting the whole thing in icing sugar.

"Et Voilà" Kat stood back and admired her masterpiece.

"I think you mean Eccho as we are in Italy." Joyce patted Kat on the back.

"Oh wow." Gill loudly entered the kitchen behind them. "Oh Kat you've outdone yourself this time." She continued.

The rest of the group filtered in and all paused to congratulate Kat on her show-stopping cake.

"Put it in the middle of the table," Nita instructed. "It needs to be on display for everyone to see it."

"I'll just let it settle for a minute or two and then I'll move it." Kat looked at the clock on the oven it's only 6:15, shall we have a couple of drinks on the veranda whilst we wait?"

The group nodded at the idea.

"Grab some glasses and those dips then and we'll head out." Kat pointed to a tray of nibbles for Nita and Rachel to grab as she took two bottles of rosé out of the fridge.

"Oh, this is nice." Debbie settled into her seat as Kat opened the bottles.

"You wouldn't have guessed it was hammering it down earlier. Look how lovely that evening sun is." Gill smiled into her camera as she took a few scenic shots then turned her attention to the group.

"I can't believe we're at the end of this week already. The time has just flown by hasn't it?" Nita began passing large glasses of rosé around the table as the rest of the group nodded.

"Oh wait." Jayne jumped up and ran into the kitchen leaving everyone looking around the table in confusion.

She returned within a few minutes with a large bottle of sambuca.

"No!" The whole group echoed as Jayne began pouring it into little shot glasses.

"Jayne this is a really bad idea." Nita protested as the tiny glass was thrust into her hand.

"Here, here." Jayne forcefully passed each person a glass.

"Not for me." Kat waved her hand towards Jayne who screwed her face up and still offered it to her. "No." Kat shook her head. "I promise I'll have as many as you want later but that stuff goes straight to my head. Let me just move that cake without it falling on the floor and then I'll be in full party mode."

Jayne rolled her eyes before passing the glass to Debbie who was sat next to her.

"Ok ready," Jayne called out. "1.2.3 salute."

"Salute" they all cheered before downing the shot and wrenching from the after-burn.

"One more." Jayne instantly began refilling the glasses.

"No!" The group all shouted in unison but it was too late as their glasses quickly filled.

"Ready." Jayne held her glass up. "1.2.3 salute."