Let it be me

The heavy scooter tires crunched against the gravel as they travelled along the poorly lit driveway until they reached the point where the road forked off. Kat felt her eyes dipping until the realisation that Damian was heading away from the usual down to town route she had become accustomed to and was heading in the opposite direction up the shadowy tree-lined hill. Kat felt herself chug backwards as Damian twisted the throttle and picked up speed, her tired eyes found it difficult to fixate on anything for long enough to make out what it was as they whizzed past various blurry silhouettes.
The road continued to wind around the hill as they climbed higher and higher until finally the outline of the sleepy Tuscan landscape below came into view and Damian pulled over into a clearing at the side of the road.

"Come on." He instructed as the engine hummed to silence and he awkwardly slid his long leg across the bike to get off it.

Kat timidly followed his lead as he escorted her to the other side of the road and they stood in silence at the edge of the hill overlooking the vast landscape of hills and vineyards that they had become so accustomed to over the past week.
Kat's shoulders relaxed and a fond smile slowly crept across her face at the sight of their villa compound below them, illuminated only from the twinkling pool lights and lanterns which subtly danced under the spotlight of the heavy moon above them.

"Sit here." Damian gestured as he took the blanket from around Kat and carefully placed it out on the floor, straightening out the crumpled edges so it was flat against the ground.

She hesitated briefly, but as Damian sat down and extended his arm out for her to join him she couldn't resist the offer, shuffling in close to him she briefly looking up at his straight face in hope of some kind of clue or explanation as to what was going on.

The corner of his mouth turned up into a half-grin. "Patience Kathleen, remember?"

Kat rolled her eyes and left out a defeatist sigh as her head dropped to his shoulder.

"Ok, Ok." He leaned into her face and as her lips instinctively parted he turned her head slightly to look out over the land below. "Just keep watch in that direction." He pointed out towards two large hills just to the left of their villa. They towered above the terrain like ancient guardians of the land below.

Kat opened her mouth to say something. "Just trust me." He quickly interrupted causing her mouth to quickly shut again.

They sat in silence for several minutes staring out at the horizon in quiet contemplation. Kat's eyes began to sting with tiredness as she blinked heavily in a bid to shake it off and stay awake.

"Stay awake Kathleen." He whispered softly kissing the top of her head.

"I will," she muttered forcing her eyes to open wide as they fixated back on the guardians of the hills. Her head tilted sharply causing Damian to let out a heavy sigh. "You ok?

"Erm... yeah... it's just..." Kat stuttered as her eyes shifted from side to side.

"What?" Damian looked down at her as she smiled to herself.

"Nothing." She shyly mumbled as her eyes dropped to her knees.

"Come on, share." He smiled as he rested his chin on the top of her head.

"You'll think it's weird." She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth coyly.

"So." a light chuckle escaped his mouth. "Come on don't get shy on me now Kathleen."

She took a lingering breath as she mulled over her explanation. "It's a little weird and probably doesn't make any sense but.." she paused again and felt Damian's shoulders shake slightly.

What are the chances?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara