Starting From Square One

A/n: For this story I'm going to be playing the game in hardcore mode as I write this. For those who don't know, after beating White 2 or Black 2, you unlock keys for different things. One of them being difficulty options. Black 2 unlocks hardcore mode and White 2 unlocks easy mode. You can trade those keys with others so they have access to that. Also all characters will be depicted as 18 and over unless specified.

Aspertia City

Pidove flew through the air chirping as the people went about their business. One resident was asleep on his couch after pulling an all-nighter with some friends. Someone knocked on his door and he grumbled. They knocked louder and he groaned and got up. He opened the door to meet his friend next door.

 He opened the door to meet his friend next door

Hugh:"Yo, (Y/n), bout time you woke up."

(Y/n) groaned and rubbed his head.

(Y/n):"What's going on Hugh?"

Hugh:"I figured that you wanted to hear something amazing."

(Y/n):"What is it?"

Hugh:"Starting today, we'll be heading off on our own Pokemon adventure."

(Y/n):"But I don't have a Pokemon."

Hugh:"Well the professor's assistant is coming by and letting you have one."

(Y/n):"Aww sweet!"

Hugh:"Good thing too, there aren't many trainers around here and I was getting bored. So come on, pack your things and let's head out."

(Y/n):"Hell yeah!"

(Y/n) walked back into his house and began to gather his things. He passed by his living room and there was a couch, a flat screen TV, a bookshelf with various books he enjoyed and many other things. On a small table was a framed picture of (Y/n) meeting the Kalos Champion, Diantha.

He entered a raffle and surprisingly won. He didn't even know what the prize was, he entered for the sake of entering. The prize was spending an entire day with her. They had a great time. She really warmed up to him. And she was the one who gave him the idea to live his life. So he did just that by moving out to the Unova region.

He had his bag slung over his shoulder and looked at the framed picture.

(Y/n):"Someday I'll come by and challenge you to a match."

He smiled and set the photo back as he remembered one last thing she told him.