Victory Road!

I was currently resting my head on Skyla's lap as she played with my hair. I wanted to take a quick breather before facing the Elite Four. Hugh told Cheren that I finished off Team Plasma for good and soon enough, word got around all over the region.

I flew to Mistralton City and decided to chill with Skyla for a while. The other girls visited and gave me some very special rewards for saving the entire region. I was very relaxed with my head resting on her amazing thighs and it made me close my eyes.

In Your Dream

I found myself in a completely dark room. I tried walking around but an invisible wall kept from going anywhere besides forward. I walked along as images of my memories during my adventure played on either side of me. I kept walking as more and more memories played. The narrow walkway came to an end as I saw stone statues of my six wonderful teammates.

I took off my hat and smiled at them all.

"Thanks for sticking with me you guys. I couldn't have made it this far without an amazing team like you. But our journey isn't done just yet! We still have to face the Elite Four! And when we do, we'll emerge victorious!"

The world around me grew brightly as I stood on top of a mountain and across from me stood a lone figure. They tossed a Poke Ball in their hand and threw it. My body moved involuntarily as it grabbed a ball and threw it as wall. The two balls bumped against each other as a large dome of lightning and fire appeared. The fire was burning brightly and I saw my opponent.

Behind her were six shadowy figures with red eyes, which I assumed to be her Pokemon

Behind her were six shadowy figures with red eyes, which I assumed to be her Pokemon. Behind me were my own Pokemon. They held looks of determination on their faces and cried out at the same time.

They all then lunged at each other and created a major explosion that woke me up.

In the real world

I sat up suddenly as Skyla looked at me shocked. I apologized to her and gave her a kiss before I left. I flew back to Humilau City, went through Route 22, the Giant Chasm, and reached Route 23. There, I faced some decently strong trainers but they weren't much trouble. I then reached a large walkway that was black and white but before I could proceed N stopped me.

N:"You came..."

"Of course I did. I gotta get through here to be champion."

N:"Heh, I suppose you're right. The Pokemon League is just past Victory Road. Pokemon battles do nothing more than hurt Pokemon... That's how I understood it, and that's why I hated battles. But it's not that simple. Pokemon battles decide winners and losers, it's true. Yet they do so much more. Your Pokemon! You! Your opponents! And their Pokemon! Everyone can see what wonderful things the others have to contribute!"

"Really?"

N:"Yes! Accepting different ideas, different beings, changes the world like a chemical reaction! Pokemon battles are like a catalyst: a small component that leads to big changes! My friend Reshiram taught me that... And it's the formula I've derived from traveling the world. I want you to think for yourself about what it means. Here! Take this with you! The new Victory Road has areas that are only accessible with Waterfall."

She then gave me HM05 Waterfall.

N:"Yes! If it's your Pokemon and you... You will get past the Pokemon League and recognize your own truth! That's what I see in store for you!"

"Thanks for the pep talk N."

She smiled and walked away. I walked ahead as large statues of the badges glowed and panels beneath my feet glowed to check and see if I had the badges. I went through all as a large gate lowered itself and I could see Victory Road was a passageway leading underground with a small Pokemon Center next to it.

I healed up, bought some items, and took in a deep breath before running inside. I battled through trainers left and right, found items, and kept trucking on. The trainers there were actually no joke. Their Pokemon actually did some major damage on my own but I beat them nonetheless.

There were some trainers that kept mentioning the trainer from two years ago, Hilda. The one that showed up in my dream for some reason.

I kept going and going until I reached an exit.

?:"Wait up!"

I turned around and saw Hugh.

"Hey buddy, what's up?"

Hugh:"I'll battle with you before you take on the Pokemon League. The more battles you have, the stronger you get, right?"

"Sounds right to me. Let's do this!"

He sent out Unfeazant and I sent out Stormy.

"Discharge!"

Hugh:"Heh, I saw that move coming from miles away! U-Turn!"

Unfeazant went first as it was faster and rammed into Stormy before flying back to its ball as Hugh sent out a Bouffalant. It took the Discharge attack and was brought down to about half its health.

"Discharge again!"

She attacked once again and brought it down. Hugh sent out his Simisear next so I sent in Toph.

"Earth Power!"

The ground erupted and took it out. He sent out Serperior next so I sent out Rubble.

Hugh:"Coil!"

It coiled up and raised its attack, defense and accuracy.

"Flare Blitz!"

Rubble covered himself in fire and rammed recklessly into Serperior and dealt big damage.

Hugh:"Leaf Blade!"

"Flare Blitz!"

Serperior jumped into the air and slammed its tail down on Rubble's head but he shook off the attack and rammed into it to take it out. He then sent out his Unfeazant again.

"End it with Discharge!"

Stormy did just that and Hugh smiled and nodded.

Hugh:"(Y/n)! Thanks to you, I accomplished what I set out to do during my journey! I wish I could've shown you my little sister's huge smile! This is my thanks!"

He then gave me TM24 Thunderbolt.

"Hugh..."

Hugh:"I think you're really amazing! So become the champion! Get the proof that you're a trainer your Pokemon can be proud of! See ya, man!"

"See ya."

We bumped fists then he walked away and I did too. I exited the cave and walked through a canyon before reaching the Pokemon League.

Saving...
Don't turn off the power.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter its just that not much happened in Victory Road apart from the rival battle so I just wrote what I could. But next chapter is going to be the battles with the Elite Four so get ready for that.