Alder's Training

I made it through Route 19 without any trouble since it was a relatively short route. I beat some wild Pokemon and got Ronin to Level 8. I saw the next town up ahead but I stopped when I heard a voice.

?:"You there, trainer!"

I looked around until I noticed a man on a plateau.

Alder:"My name is Alder! I'm a trainer with a keen interest in the world. One of my goals is to tell people about how wonderful it is to walk toward the future together with Pokemon."

He hopped off the plateau and I stared in shock. He landed with a loud thud but he didn't seem harmed in the slightest. I just stared at the freak of a man before me.

 I just stared at the freak of a man before me

Alder:"And you are?"

I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"I'm (Y/n), up and coming trainer from Aspertia City."

He nodded and walked around me and tugged my arms and backpack. He then stood back in front of me.

Alder:"Your Oshawott is a fine-looking Pokemon!"

"How did you know I chose him?"

He just laughed and ignored my question.

Alder:"But, you're not exactly a seasoned Trainer yet..."

"That's why I said up and coming."

Alder:"True. You did say that. I'll test your mettle. Follow me!"

He went ahead into the town and I followed. He was waiting around the corner of the Pokemon Center so I went inside to quickly heal Ronin. I got done and walked out.

Alder:"Ah, it's always good to heal your Pokemon. If you look out for them then they'll look out for you. My house is just up ahead."

He started to walk again and I followed closely behind. We reached a house with a sandy field out front.

Alder:"We're here! Shall we start training?"

He then raised a brow and held his chin.

Alder:"By the way...why are you holding two Town Maps?"

I forgot I had stashed them in my pockets and chuckled.

"Well, one is for my buddy who left in a rush. His sister told me to give him one."

Alder:"Oh ho! He's the one with the Snivy, isn't he?"

"Yeah. Again, how do you know that?"

Alder:"BWAHAHA! Well he was training with his Pokemon on Route 20. Go ahead and give him the map and we'll start our training."

"Alright."

I followed the dirt path to Route 20. It was another small route and I battled a few trainers there but Hugh wasn't there. I saw a hiker blocking a set of stairs and the dirt path continued into a ranch. I shrugged and went into the ranch. I looked around and walked through an open gate of a wooden fence. Hugh saw me and walked up to me.