Antonio x Surv!Reader: Duet

The ticking of the clock above your head rang through your ears. As the tick-tocks grew more and more sporadic, you knew your time was up. You closed your eyes as you braced for the take-off.

Three...

Two...

One...

You felt your heart leap out of your chest when the rocket chair took to the sky. Resisting the urge to open your eyes to see where the ground laid, instead you screamed as you blasted through the golden-coloured sky.

Another match where you were first to go, it seems. When would the pain ever stop?

The rocket chair flew its usual route through the sky, twisting and turning to God knows where. You couldn't have known, you kept your eyes closed. You did your best to keep your lunch in your stomach, but if your feet weren't on the ground soon, it could be raining down below any moment now.

After one too many minutes, the chair slowed down and touched down on the ground below you, the harness releasing you. You stumbled off of it and collapsed onto the cold, hard pavement.

Ugh.

Not another minute passed before the entire content of your stomach released itself from your body, the acidic smell of puke washed over you.

The first round of vomit formed a puddle in front of you and you quickly spat the bitter aftertaste from your mouth. Just as the second round was about to begin, a faint melody distracted you from the wretched state you were in.

In a daze, you looked around seeking the source. Upon opening your eyes, you realized that something was off about your surroundings.

This is odd... The manor didn't have a flower garden in it, right..?

Bewildered, you rose to your feet to take in more of the newfound wonder, the sweet tune of the violin still danced in your ears. The haunting music moved your legs as if it was drawing you in.

Peeking through one of the bushes, your eyes landed on a pristinely white gazebo. The vines wrapped around the pillars, its leaves complementing the star-shaped roof. Your eyes drifted to the person standing inside. They were the polar opposite of the pure white walls which trapped them like a birdcage. Their long dark hair obstructed their vision as they continued to play the somber melody.

Wait... This doesn't look like one of the Survivors...

You were never the best when it came to remembering details about new events happening across the manors, so the others usually gave you a heads up on any changes or additions. Placing your hands on your temples, you rubbed them slowly, trying to recall any information they told you.

There was some new guy with a bat, a Hunter that couldn't figure out how rocket chairs work...

"Heh... I don't know either buddy..." You laughed to yourself.

A girl in a straitjacket, a man and a violin, some beekeeper..?

Suddenly, the music reached a crescendo, the sound of a violin solo cleared your thoughts.

"A man with a violin..."

There is no doubt about it, that is the guy... But isn't he supposed to be a...

The realization started to kick in and soon, your fearful thoughts played louder than the music from the garden.

I'm in the Hunters' manor!!

To say that you were "a bit" taken back would be an understatement. As the horror of the situation became apparent, you slowly backed away from the bush, only to accidentally step on a stray branch. Though the snapping wasn't that loud, it was enough to startle a family of crows, causing them to fly away which in turn revealed your presence.