Luca x Reader: What a shocker

"Not again!"

 The cipher machine buzzed as it shocked you due to your miscalculation. It was your second time out in the field.

You were basically useless your first match, messing up cipher machines and being unable to avoid the hunters attack. If it wasn't for Mercenary's sacrifice, you might've claimed first chair again this round.

"That's it I can't rely on my teammates to save me anymore!" You gritted, focusing your attention onto the machinery before you. It seemed like the only thing you could do was decode these stupid things. At least there were only two left.

As you banged on the keys of the machines, a snap rang out in the air, and a faint blue aura surrounded the area. You froze in fear, wondering if you should continue decoding.

Bloody Queen's been following these connections like hound this match... will she come sniff this one out? Should I leave or stay and find out?

As you hesitated, another calibration slipped by, and you winced when the cipher shocked you back to reality.

I should get an item just in case. Perhaps it'll help me last longer.

You scanned for any sign of the hunter, before sprinting to the nearest chest. It was in a tucked away location, between a few small walls. You rummaged through the chest, and found a pair of mercenary's gloves. As you made your way back to the cipher, you heard footsteps coming towards the highlighted cipher. Ducking behind a wall, you watched a familiar brown haired, black eyed man round the corner. He glanced around for a second, and began decoding the cipher. Small sparks appeared across his hands and head when his fingers touched the machine.

"Luca!" You whispered, jogging towards him. He turned and faced you with a smile, shooting you a thumbs up.

"Hey (Y/N)! How's it going?" Luca nudged you with his elbow, and you felt a small tickle through your body.

"Oh shoot! Sorry about that!" He patted the same spot with his hand, and you felt it again. You chuckled as he raised his hands and moved onto the other side of the cipher. "Ah, sorry again. I keep forgetting to be careful when touching things, while touching machines." He reached towards you again, but stopped himself. "Are you alright?"

You reassured him that you were fine, and a nice silence settled upon the two of you. The cipher was almost done, and you stayed alert for the hunter. Just as the cipher was a sliver away from finishing, you spotted the Bloody Queen.

She wasn't close to your cipher, however it was clear that she was heading towards it. Dread began to settle in your bones and you tapped Luca. He didn't seem to notice; his eyes were glued to the machine.

"Luca." You hissed. "Mary's coming."

He froze for a second, before continuing to decode. "I'm almost done, just a few more seconds."

You were stuck. Either leave Luca to Mary, or find a way to distract her yourself. Your kiting abilities weren't very good, which wouldn't help in this situation. However, Luca was the fastest decoder out of all of you, and with his connection, should be able to pop them both. You sighed and knew what was going to happen.

You began to run from the cipher, but you felt another tickle when Luca caught your hand. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Stay here and finish the ciphers." You brushed his hand off of yours, feeling tingly again. "I'll distract her."

"Stay here. I can go instead." He began to run, however you grabbed his hand, and cringed at the tickle.

"You're our fastest decoder! You need to finish the ciphers." You pulled him back, and set his hands on the machine. "Besides, I wasn't very useful this match."