Luchino x Reader: Biochemistry Project

After sighing for the fifth time, you put down your pen and turned towards the desk adjacent to you.

"Hey Luchi~" you called out to the man seated at the desk. He seemed to be too absorbed in studying the bio-luminous green test tube to hear you call out to him. Getting out of your seat, you wrapped your arms around the man, who froze in surprise.

"Hey Luchino! Whatcha researching?" Finally realizing that you were speaking to him, he cleared his throat, moving his hand to hide the documents from your vision.

"Just some files from the Reptile Division," He answered with an awkward laugh.

"Let me take a look, perhaps I can see it from a new angle."

"There's no need."

"But Luchi~"

"(Y/N) please stop calling me by that name."

"Never!" Sticking your tongue out, you grabbed one of the exposed pages from his desk and started reading.

Reptile enhancements for the human-

Before you could scan any more of the document, Luchino snatched it away from you and stored it back into a file.

"Reptile enhancements for humans? Luchi what is the Reptile Division researching, it sounds pretty epic!" You nudge his shoulder. "Come on let me in on the details."

Luchino just rolled his eyes and locked the file in his desk drawer. "Forget what you read, it's not relevant information for a marine biologist to know about anyway." He walked to the smoking area of the office and took out a cigarette, you were following close behind.

"Don't act like that Luchi!" you started. "We tell each other about all the ins and outs of our divisions, including all the latest and top secret discoveries from our divisions. So what's the harm in telling me about the reptile enhancements hm?"

Luchino lit the cigarette and gave it a puff before turning to you. "Sorry this time I can't say."

It wasn't like him to hide something from you. You have known him since sixth grade when lab partners were assigned in science class. From then on, there was nothing that could get past you. Deciding to not give up, you batted your eyelashes and gave him the saddest puppy dog eyes you could possibly give. "Please... With a tiny baby reptile on top?"

Luchino seemed to be taken aback by your expression. Sighing, he snuffed his cigarette. "Listen (Y/N), this project means a lot to me. If this goes well, who knows how many more advances we can make." Taking your hands in his own, he smiles. "You have to trust me on this, I must research this time without you."

For some reason, you could feel your heart ache. It wasn't like that was the first time you two had done separate projects, but you had always been able to talk about your studies no matter what. Luchino had never asked you something like this before, something so important that not even your puppy dog eyes could get out from him. You wanted to trust him but you don't know what to say.

"(Y/N), no matter where my research takes me, please know that I-"

"Oh there you are Luchino." Interrupting your conversation was a researcher who seemed to be from the Reptile Division, judging by his yellow name tag he was probably a junior. He bowed his head apologetically to you and spoke to Luchino in a hushed voice, "I have acquired a rare snake that needs your attention."

Luchino nodded and looked back at you. "Listen (Y/N), how about we go for breakfast tomorrow morning? It's already late so get home safely alright?" With a smile he exited the room with the junior.