Mirage's Bar

"Ah hell that one goes down hard." Says Fuse as he slams down his empty glass.

After a game Fuse and Bloodhound had stopped at Mirage's bar for a couple drinks.

Bloodhound let out a sigh, "Fitzroy, must you drink your weight every time we visit this location."

"Ah don't be a spoilsport Houndy!" Said Fuse "What's a couple of cheers between good mates."

Fuse and Bloodhound aren't the only legends who visit Mirage's bar. Multiple legends come and go and some even have conversations with Fuse, but this time it was different.
The red haired gravity girl walk into the bar and past the duo of Bloodhound and Fuse.

"Dr. Somers? What are you doing here?" Asked Mirage who was behind the counter

"Dinnae fash ya self Eliott I'm here to talk to your modder friend." Horizon said

"Heya Witt! Mind getin me another cold one?" Called Fuse

"Yeah sure, I'll get you your drink and I'll get you your modder." Said Mirage who went into the back room.

Horizon took a seat next to Fuse. She didn't get out often after the games even when the other legends invited her out. She got to know most of the legends, but some she was still unfamiliar with. She sat next to Bloodhound and Fuse, because they were legends just like her and shared that similarity.

Fuse also wasn't to close with Horizon. Sure he fought a couple matches with her and even won a couple with her on his team, but she would almost never go out to celebrate even after their win.

"Ey Horizon what you need that modder girl for anyway." Asked Fuse trying to start a conversation

"I just needed her help with... one of my projects." Horizon replied

"Nice." Said Fuse

An awkward silence happened

Fuse glanced over to Bloodhound to signal to them that he needs help with the conversation, but they were to busy thinking about how useless Pathfinder's passive must be now that all the recon legends can scan the beacons.

To Fuse's relief Mirage walked back from the back door with Rampart.

"Ey there Doc, what are ya needen me for?" Asked Rampart

"Uhh right, can I ask you in private?" Answered Horizon

"Sure." Rampart and Horizon went into the back room.

"Here's your drink MATE." Mirage said as he handed Fuse his drink.

Fuse Chuckled and down the liquid.
"Thanks Witt." He said than plopped a couple Apex Coins on the counter, "See ya Houndy."

Fuse walked out of the bar and made his way back home.
He thought about that weird conversation he had with Horizon. Usually that never happens, to Fuse his charm has almost never ended as an awkward conversation.

Why was that time different?

Boom End of Chapter One
(I missed this)