Chapter 5 Bella's (Baya's) POV

It was honestly weird seeing the girl I grew up with completely changed- in a good way. It was surprising to see her almost outsmart a bunch of high-level agents.

We led her towards our house. What shocked me was that she didn't seem surprised that the house was bigger than the average house- in other words, our house was a mansion. We all went into the living room and sat down, the parents on one side, we kids on the other, and Alice just stood there awkwardly, obviously not knowing where to sit.

"Come and sit here dear," my mother told her kindly. while patting the seat next to her.

The awkward silence was painful as not even one of us knew how to bring up the truth. We looked at each other as Alice's father just said "So, this might come as a shocker to you but- you know what, we'll just show you."

As soon as he had finished speaking, all of us tore our masks off of our faces and looked towards her for her reaction. She starts off with a confused look where a look of recognization thereafter dawned upon her face.

Quickly covering up her emotions she stood up and started walking towards the door while saying "No point in telling me now. I don't really care all that much."

Her reaction had left us shocked but luckily we snapped out of it as some of us blocked the entrance.

"Sorry to say it but you don't really have a choice in this. You're not even a legal adult yet and yes I understand that you need an explanation and you will get one. I don't know if you'll like it though but you can't go" Alex said.

A glare settled upon her face as she quickly ran towards the back door while just dodging the elders but somehow harming us. Luckily Blake managed to grab her before she could step foot out the back door. Well, now we know that she is good to fight... Noted.

We all got up and glared at her but she seemed unfazed.

"Why" was all she asked and we gave her the explanation she deserved. Everything from the start to the end.

"... and threats had started reaching our family. Although we are in the top ranks, there are still many people who have more influence than us in the underground world. You were the only one who didn't know about it since you hated violence so we decided to keep you out of it but we didn't expect all of this to happen." Her father explained to her.

I just stared at them.

"Now that we've explained about our situation, it's up to you whether you forgive us or not. But putting that aside we have a few questions for you. What happened? Since when did you know criminals from gangs? Are you by any chance involved in one of them?"

Anyone could see that she was growing a bit annoyed by the questions but she still answered by saying "I'm sorry but I don't wish to answer any of your questions but I can tell you one thing. I'm not in any gang. Never have been. Never will be."

We all just looked at each other and nodded knowing that she needed time to process everything that's just been thrown at her.

"If that's all, I would like to take my leave now. I thank you for having me here," she said, still showing no emotion on her face.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

"Bye-"

"Y-y-you really think-"

"Nice joke-"

"What exactly-"

"What these people are trying to say is that we finally got you back after all these years, Do you really think that we would let you leave, just like that?" Aaron said, finishing the things some of the others were trying to say before they decided to burst out laughing. "Either way, you can't get out of here. All the doors and windows can only be opened with a specific key that you currently do not own. And even if you manage to miraculously escape, there are guards stationed all around the place, I do hope that you didn't forget who we are."

"We will get your things from your apartment but for now, I think that we should talk about the situation. It's better to clear all the confusion before anything else," Aaron said.

Her anger was shown clearly on her face as she replaced her blank stare with a glare. She took a deep breath to compose herself before stating "I am most definitely not going to live in this house. I've been doing just fine alone and I don't need any of you barging in on my life again.".

We just stared at her for a while not knowing what to say before my mother began to speak "Dear, I'm sorry but-" she couldn't finish her sentence as she was cut off by a phone call.

I looked around trying to see where it was coming from until I noticed a phone in Alice's hand. The call seemed to be coming from her. But wait- "How many phones do you own exactly?!" I asked weirded out. Even though they were the cheap phones you could only call and play games on, why in the world would someone own so many of those?

Before she could answer her phone, Blake quickly got the phone out of her hands and threw it to Adam while holding her still so she couldn't go after it.

"He will answer the phone and you better act like we are not here otherwise-" She clearly got intimidated as she quickly nodded her head.

"I'm impressed. You managed to knock down all of my men and escape. You might think that you're safe but that's not the case. Listen well you brat. I will find you and when I do, your daily beating is going to be so painful. After that, I'll make you join my gang ad help me take down your family's agency- oh wait, you know nothing about it." Came out the voice of her adopted uncle.

I couldn't tell if she was mad or amused as she said "Your threats are pointless. Nothing of what you just stated is going to happen but it would be funny to see you try, so give it a shot. But just a tip, try to pick on someone your own size. It'll save you your embarrassment"

"You-" she quickly snatched her phone away from Adam and cut the phone call.

We just stared at her for a while and it looked like she was thinking about something before saying "Fine, I'll live with you, can you lead me to a room? I would like to rest for a while."