Dipper x Mute!Anxious!Reader: Fidgets

I wanted to make a story about a reader who likes to play with fidgets. But I also seem to notice a lacking of mute reader stories. SO, I decided to experiment with this idea of a mute and anxious reader who really likes fidgets. Hope you enjoy~! 

You were sitting on the bus, anxious about where you were going. Your class was heading to the... ahem... Mystery Shack. You didn't like going to places like the forest. I mean, who could blame you. After the incident you had when you first moved to Gravity Falls, you hadn't stepped foot beyond the signs pointing towards the Mystery Shack.

You were walking down the slightly faded dirt path, listening to music. While you were jamming out and trying to enjoy your life, you felt like you were being watched. You took your earbuds and looked around. To say you were scared of what you saw would be an understatement.

It was some sort of strange wolf. But it wasn't any regular wolf. It was made completely out of wood. It was some strange timber wolf, so to speak.

You tried to scream. However, because you were mute, it came out as a small and painful squeal. The timber wolf roared and you turned on your heel and ran as fast as your legs could carry you. Somehow, by the grace of God, you outran the creature. But you obviously never dared to step foot into the woods again.

The memory was still fresh in your head, causing you to shiver. So you grabbed your book bag and opened it, pulling out a simple dimple. You popped it over and over, allowing the sound to relax you and relieve the tension from your shoulders and make the shivers come to a small and comfortable stop.

When you reached the Mystery Shack, you grabbed your bag and kept the simple dimple in your other hand. When you stepped off the bus, you accidentally bumped into one of the guys from your class. As it so happens to be, this boy was a big bully of yours. 

"AWW! The little quiet girl is here with her toys?" He was quick to snatch your dimple and played the classic move of holding it over your head. You tried yelling for your teacher, but it only came out as a raspy gasp. The boy laughed and went to throw your dimple in the trash, someone shoved him to the ground.

"Hey, kid! Why don't ya leave the girl alone!? She ain't trying to hurt ya! So back off!!" The person backing you up was an older guy with a black suit and a weird hat. 

The bully laughed. "And what are you gonna do about it, gramps?" The old man just grabbed him by the collar, grabbed the dimple from his hand, and shoved him into the trash cans.

The old man then turned to you and tossed you your simple dimple. You caught it and he apologized. You shook your head. You were hesitant to try your next move, but you signed a simple, "Thank you." He looked confused.

"Do you know sign language?" You said via your hands. He blinked but then he caught on. "Yeah. I had to learn during school and crap. I haven't done it in years though." You sighed with relief. He introduced himself as Stan, before offering you to meet his niece and nephew. You were a wee bit hesitant, but you figured it wouldn't hurt. Besides, this guy saved you from a bully. You figured you could at least humor him.

You stepped into the Mystery Shack, surprised by some of the stuff inside. A lot of the attractions were really weird and kinda dumb, but the merch was hilarious to you. Especially the Stan bobbleheads.

While you were looking around, Stan called two people down.

"Mabel! Dipper! Get down here!" He yelled. Then, two kids your age came barreling down the stairs, coming to a stop in front of you and Stan.

"This here is, uh..." He looked down at you and you signed out your name. "Y/n. She's, uh..." "Mute." You signed for him. "Mute! I wanted y'all two to meet her." He said.

"Wait, you know sign language, Grunkle Stan?" The boy asked, clearly confused. "I had ta learn back when I was a kid." The boy and girl looked at each other and then at you. 

You tensed up a little; the boy came up and held his hand out. "I'm Dipper! This here is..." The girl shot forward, lightly shoving Dipper out of the way. "I'm Mabel!! Dipper and I are the Mystery Twins!!" You giggled a little, your voice cracking a wee bit as you did so.

"Aight, well, I gotta get back ta work! Dipper! Mabel! Find Y/n a notepad or somethin' to help her talk! K?" "K!" They both said. Stan then left and Dipper went over to the cash register, pulling a notepad out of one of the shelves. He tossed it to you. You looked at him, making a writing motion to hint to you not having a pen.

He realized his error and quickly handed you a pen. You smiled at him. You looked around the store and wrote on the notepad, then showing him your question. "Does your "Grunkle Stan" have any dolls or anything like that." He laughed. "Well, yeah! Why?" You then scribbled down your response. "I like toys a lot. Especially dolls or fidget toys." He blinked. "Really?" You nodded.

Dipper then looked down at your hand, finally noticing the simple dimple in your hand. He then smiled and said, "Follow me! I can find you something!" You nodded, following him. 

He led you around the store and showed you different dolls and little goofy toys. But one that caught your eye was a small plushie of the Hide-Behind. You had heard legends of the Hide-Behind, but you didn't think someone would make a doll of the creature.

Dipper noticed you eyeing the toy. He laughed. "I actually made a video on me looking for the Hide-Behind!" You raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical about that. "Seriously! I've looked for all sorts of things like that! Gnomes, sea monsters, all sorts of stuff!"

Dipper then offered to buy you the plushie, and you tried to object. But he insisted. You finally agreed and he smiled. He rang up the plushie, then handed it to you. You opened your backpack and put it inside, safe and sound.

Then, you heard your teacher call for you and your classmates to come back to board the bus. You looked back at Dipper and quickly scribbled your phone number and address for him. You ripped the page out of the notepad and handed it to him, before running out the door to catch the bus.

Dipper smiled at his little accomplishment and honestly felt like doing the lamby dance he was so happy.

To be continued...!