Dipper x F!Reader: A Helping Hand

This is my very first storybook on this site, so I hope you guys enjoy! I've recently fallen in love with Dipper, and I've thought about a oneshot of Dipper being depressed, so the reader helps him out and she hints at her feelings for him. Hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Your P.O.V~

I walked into the Mystery Shack and said hi to Dipper as I did everyday, but he seemed... upset. "Hi Dipper!" "Hey Y/n... Good to see you.." "Umm.... are you okay Dipper?" "Yeah, I'm fine..." He said with a sigh and I went to go see Mabel. She seemed a little sad herself. "Hey Mabel. What's up with Dipper?" "Um..." She said as she dwindled her thumbs. "Wendy got a boyfriend again. When she told everyone, Dipper was very upset. I tried everything to make him feel better, but nothing worked." "Oh..." A part of me was happy because there was a chance he'd get over her and return my feelings for me, but the other was sad that he was so depressed. I had to do something..

~Timeskip~

I called Dipper's name all throughout the Mystery Shack, but I heard no response. I looked in his room and Mabel was there playing with Waddles, but no Dipper. I found Soos in one of the old rooms and I asked him, "Hey Soos. Do you know where Dipper is? I can't find him anywhere." "Oh, Hey dude! Last I heard Dipper went to the lake near here. Good luck dude." "Okay, thanks Soos." A part of me wanted to ask him what he meant by 'Good luck' but I felt that it wasn't that important.

I finally got to the lake and saw Dipper near a log bench skipping rocks at the pond. I took a deep breath and walked next to him. I dropped my backpack and grabbed some rocks and skipped them across the pond with him. It was uncomfortable silence for a few minutes of skipping rocks and glancing at each other. I had to break the thick blanket of silence somehow. "How ya holding up?" He shrugged in response and kept skipping rocks. 'This is going to be a little tricky.' I stopped skipping rocks and grabbed something out of my backapck and held it behind my back.

"I know you're a little upset over Wendy, so I got you something to help you feel better." He stopped for a second and looked at me. "Huh? N-no. You didn't have to get me anything. I'll be fine.." "Dipper.." I said as I took one hand away from my back and held his hand. "Don't lie to me. You don't have to lock up all your feelings. Besides," I chuckled. "I already got the gift for you, a little late to take it back now." I said as I revealed the present. It was a a Ducktective Plushie. I handed it to him and he stared at it for a moment before a smile appears on his face. He then hugged me so tightly it almost hurt. "Thanks Y/n! This is so nice of you!" "H-hey, no problem!" He let me go and he grew a little confused again. "Why'd you get this for me. I don't mean the gift, I mean the thought." I looked back at him a little confused myself. "Because... I hated seeing you like this. You shouldn't have to be sad about a simple rejection. It happens to the best of us." I said as I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and flashed a grin. But from the look he gave me, I felt like he knew there was something else going on. I looked down at the plushie and he looked at it and saw a small note on it. He took it and read it. 'I love you Dipper! XOXO' His face went red and he looked back up at me before he kissed me! I was mentally freaking out and I felt imaginary fireworks going off around us. Suddenly, we heard a camara click and we saw flashes. We both broke a part a saw everyone there and Mabel in the center with a camara flashing away. Me and Dipper made eye contact and he smiled nervously. "Hehe... One second Y/n.." He then ran after Mabel and tried to get the camara. I laughed as Wendy came up to me and gave me a playful punch in the arm. "Nice going kid. He's a keeper." "Yes.. Yes he is." I said with a smile.