Older!Dipper x GN!Reader: Don't Leave Me

Dipper sat hunched over on his desk, frantically typing away; He was attempting to research about the newest paranormal case he had received. As he typed on his keyboard, he would occasionally peer over to the opened journal his uncle Stanford had left him. All the while, you stood in the doorway for what felt like YEARS. You had wanted to come by to pry him away from his work. But he kept brushing you off.

"Dipper, maybe now is the time to take a break. Don't you think?" You asked, hopeful.

"I can't, Y/n." He said with a growl. That made you scoff.

"Come ON, Dipper! You've been at that desk and been staring at that stupid screen for two days straight!! Don't you think that you should..." He cut you off before you could finish.

"NO I DON'T THINK I CAN JUST TAKE A BREAK!!!! I'M BUSY!"

His yelling shocked you, but it only made you more angry.

"YOU HAVE BEEN STARING AT THAT STUPID BOOK THAN YOU HAVE AT ME!!! WHAT GOOD ARE YOU GONNA BE AT FIGHTING A LOUSY GHOST WHEN YOU ARE PASSED OUT FROM NOT SLEEPING!"

"WE AREN'T ON THE SAME BOOK LET ALONE PAGE, Y/N!"

"And that is MY FAULT! I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU."

That made Dipper stop. You two had been dating for quite a while, but neither of you had said the L word. The two of you were too hesitant. You honestly didn't even MEAN to say it. Especially in this context.

Tears began to fall down your face. You turned to leave, but Dipper grabbed your arm; He tried to get you to stay. But you didn't look at him. You couldn't in that moment. You tugged your arm away with more force than you intended. You sped walked out of the room and out of the Mystery Shack.

Meanwhile, Dipper stood there. He was shocked. He felt his heart break.

'They said they loved me... they loved me. But not anymore.'

~Timeskip brought to you by Mabel's alpaca sweater~

You had locked yourself away in your room for a few days. You would look out your window, hoping to see Dipper. You really wanted to talk to him about what happened, but you just couldn't bear going to see him right now. Your heart would actually swell with pain every time you thought about what happened. Which was a lot.

Meanwhile, Dipper was killing himself with both regret and fear. He was so afraid of what you were doing. What you were feeling. He was so angry with himself for neglecting you for his work. After a few days, he cracked under the pressure and finally ran off to your home to talk. He could only hope and pray and hope some more that you would be there to listen to him.

When he got there, he pulled out a spare key you had given him previously. He unlocked the door and slowly ascended the steps to your bedroom. When he faced your door, he knocked softly.

"Y/n? Are you in there?"

He heard light shuffling on the other side of the door for a moment. When the door opened, he noticed your hoodie. Or rather... HIS hoodie.

"Is that where my favorite hoodie went?" He said, pointing to it.

You couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"It smells like you. It's comforting." You admitted.

You then turned around and went back into your darkened room. But you left the door open for him to enter. Which he did. You and him sat down on your bed, about a million feet away from one another.

But you quickly noticed that he kept inching closer to you. When you didn't protest, he suddenly broke and pulled you into a strong hug. He was letting out heavy, shaky breaths. They became more and more erratic as he began crying.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I really am. Please just... don't leave me. I'll do anything. Please just don't leave me. Don't leave me like this."

"Shhh, let it out. Let it out, Dippy." You said, soothingly. He let out an airy laugh at the nickname. But he kept crying for a while. When he finally began to come down and felt his heartbeat slow itself, he pulled himself away from you.

"I'm not gonna leave you, Dipper. I promise. Besides," You said as you cupped his tear-stained face, making him look at you. "I love you." He smiled. He then kissed you on the nose.

"I love you too, Y/n."

The End