Chapter 9

Two years flown by like nothing. It was tough at first. Anders was gone and it's all anyone talked about. They gossiped about how happy he was and they were so confused that one of the school's most loved ambassadors left without a goodbye ceremony. He didn't need that. If anyone really cared or were really his friends would know that he wasn't happy before he left. 

He was distant, he barely ate and he was barely keeping up with school. Some days he didn't go. Andrea got more reserved but she was still bubbly. I knew now that she didn't have her brother, she would be more and more homesick. I wondered if she wanted to go home too. I'm sure it wouldn't matter if she did transfer back to one of the schools in Norway. 

Søren got taller. Taller than me probably nearing 6ft 4 at this point. Autumn came around, then Winter then Spring then Summer all over again. More home comings, more dances, school talent shows, more proms. I hated them. I was always on edge considering the things that happened at the first one. Even though I wasn't directly affected, it still hurt to see the others that I was close to get hurt. 

"Nice ass love," I teased when I saw Delilah shoving stuff in her locker. "Stop calling me love, Asshole," she snapped. That was just like all her other responses. It was always her calling me asshole now or some other curse she could think of rather than Adrian. It actually helped me distance myself from her. She turned around to face me. Her eyes met mine before dropping down and slowly making their way back up.

"Like what you see?" I asked noting that she was definitely checking me out like all the other girls were. I'm not stupid. I could tell since I grew up more, the more the girls looked at me and even wanted to ask me out. I got countless love letters and confessions. More so now than in my first year at school. "Fuck off," she spat. Her beautiful face twisted into anger. Pity that she had such a pretty face and figure yet her personality was absolutely disgusting. She had a filthy mouth and a stuck up attitude. 

I started laughing as she scowled at me. It really didn't suit her face. None of the looks she gave me suited her face. I just wanted to be friends with her at least. I wanted things nice and civil so we could go about our days without having to avoid each other all the time or her snapping at me. "I fucking hate you," she seethed. I could see her getting angrier and angrier by the minute. 

I smirked. I wasn't even doing anything and she was getting annoyed at me. "One day you'll love me," I joked smiling wider. I pressed a quick kiss to her cheek. She got more annoyed but the red coating her cheeks betrayed her. She liked it. Before she could move to hit me, I was already walking off. 

Søren hooked an arm around my neck and flashed me one of his mischievous smiles. We both knew the other was in love with Andrea. We decided to let her decide on who she loved. It was her choice after all considering we were all best friends. "What have you been up to?" I asked. He shrugged. "This and that," he simply responded. "What about you?" he pried. 

"Oh you know teasing Delilah," I responded as we rounded the corner into the changing rooms. It seemed especially busy today. Seems like more boys wanted to get fitter. "Isn't it enough that you tease her at home too?" he asked but I could tell it was amusing to him. By the time we were done, I was exhausted and everything ached. It was a really tough session today. At least it was then lesson at the end of the day.

When we got home, I flopped down on the sofa while Søren started on food. I honestly don't know how he could endure all that and then stand out there cooking. If it was my day to cook then I'd probably just order something to eat rather than stand cooking. Delilah went straight to her room as usual. Something that she picked up as a habit recently. This time she came down in a really bouncy mood. Almost hyper. 

What's got her worked up? "Someone's in a good mood," I teased. Immediately she bit back, "Fuck off." She really should work on swearing less. Delilah clasped her hands together and seemed back to the bouncy, preppy mood. This is new. Something's definitely got her excited and I wanted in on it. 

"Spring break, we're going to go to New York. There's a party my old friends are throwing. We're going." she stated like she was giving us an order. I rolled my eyes. Don't we get enough parties at school? I know it's to keep us from getting frustrated with the long days and the amount of work we get but it's getting tiring being voted most popular or whatever. Most popular in being someone's obsession. 

I looked over at Søren and Andrea as if they also thought the same. "We can't just drop all our plans for you ya know." Søren remarked a moment later. He leaned back into the other sofa and Andrea smacked his chest playfully. It's not like we planned anything anyway. We came from families who can't afford the plane there and back. It's a lot of money just getting here let alone going to visit home. 

"We weren't planning anything so of course we'll go. We're up for a new experience." Andrea spoke. I guess she was only agreeing to it because she was bored. I mean I was too. It was starting to get a little boring around here. The beach was always over crowded with all year round tourist or locals. Most of our time was taken up by summer jobs over the years and of course school. 

Søren looked over at me as if asking if we're going to go through with this. If Andrea wants to do it then we need to be there with her. It's a promise we made her brother. We'd look after her until we saw her leave the boarding gate at the airport. "I thought you hate us." I said. I really wasn't in the mood to play games. Especially if this is a fake invite. Ever since she got in with the popular crowd, I wasn't surprised that she turned into a fake person. 

I was dubious. I didn't particularly want to go. It's just another party in another state. "Sorry for thinking you'd want to go to a party out of state," Delilah said incredulously. I've annoyed her yet again today and this time it's for not wanting to go to a party. Andrea turned to me and gave me her best puppy dog eyes. So wide and so deep blue, I watched as she pouted to add onto that effect. 

"Adrian, one fun thing before we graduate. Do it for me?" Andrea pleaded. She started batting her eyelashes. I couldn't resist. I smiled softly. I thought about it for a second. Of course I'm going whether I like it or not. I have to protect her. 

Delilah turned the attention on her by clapping her hands. "Good. I'll start by getting the tickets and then I'll take you shopping." she stated and walked off. I groaned. Spring break was only two weeks away. Why do we have to go shopping? Isn't our clothes good enough? Now that I think about it our clothes were probably an embarrassment to to Delilah if her friends were what I thought they were. 

"So a party?" started Søren as we tucked in to dinner. We didn't know what to say. It's not like we've ever been invited anywhere. From what I know even in our own countries we were the outcasts. Never invited to parties or to birthday celebrations. I know I barely had any friends. We had to move multiple times due to Dad and then the friends I did make barely kept in contact with me. The occasional message on social media was all that we did. 

Andrea seemed like she would be popular but I don't think she's been invited anywhere. Søren seemed a bit of an outcast when I met him in Germany.