𝐓𝐄𝐍

Khalia 'Noami Shelton
Chicago, Illinois📍

"Mama, look!" A young Khalia shouted out as they watched the ducks in the pond.

There was a unfamiliar looking duck paddling by its lonely which caught her attention.

"Look at the black one mommy!" She shouted. Her mama furrowed her brows confused as to what she was talking bout.

She didn't see anything.

That's how it was most of the time. Khalia would see things that others didn't see.

"Mama I see it too!" Marcus shouted out causing her to roll her eyes.

She thought it was some sort of game they were playing.

Khalia furrowed her brows and looked over to her little brother. "You see what I see?" She asks.

She wasn't sure he was only five and could just be playing along.

"Yes, it's right there paddling by itself." He says as he raised up pointing directly to where she had seen it.

A smile took over her face and she watched her little brother adore the little duck.

Her only being eleven she was smart.

"Come on, I don't have time for y'all little games." Their mama spoke out irritated.

Khalia followed her mama to the swings as Marcus grabbed her hand. "Don't worry, I saw it." He says as he smiled.

It always was that way, He saw the things they didn't.

But how?

Marcus let go of her hand and ran towards the big slide.

Young Khalia just watched him from afar. "How he can see it if she can't?" She asked herself silently.

Merlo and Neeko watched from afar as they stood on the other side of the park.

"Crazy right?" Neeko asks.

"I thought it was just her." Merlo says.

"Maybe we were wrong." Neeko says as he vanished.

Merlo stayed and watched them interact.

I guess you could say that little boy was her weakness. Without him there was no her that's how it always would be.

"Do you hear me?" Khalia asked her auntie as she explained to her auntie the newfound abilities Marcus had developed.

"He even has a familiar." She explained.

"How? Who gave it to him?" Susan asks as she raised a brow. She was unaware of all of this.

"I don't know auntie, I really don't." She says as she bit down on her lip nervously.

Something fishy was going on. She knew how she got Amelia but didn't know how he had got his.

"Wait, Is Amelia pose to be with me?" She asks curiously.

Her aunt nodded her head almost immediately. "Of course, it was gift from one of the gods."

She nodded her head taking in what she said. "Then maybe Matthew was a gift from one of the gods for Marcus." She added in. Trying to make light out of the situation.

She didn't want to think of her brother being in harms way.

"Who else knows about his gift?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, I recently had found out a couple weeks ago. The day they man showed up." She says.

"Somebody who shouldn't know, knows." Her aunt tells her.

"You and him need to lay low, until you guys find out. Where is Amelia?" She asks.

Khalia looked over her shoulder to see Melia nowhere to be found.

That was odd. She was never too far behind.

"I don't know. She was here but now she isn't." She says as she got up from her seat and made her way out of the room.

There stood Amelia passed out on the floor with Marcus's familiar standing over her.

He probably wasn't a familiar at all. But an imposter.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

His eyes went wide as he transformed into a bird. " I saw her laying here." He lied.

"Do you know what happened?" She asks trying to play along.

"No." He lied.

He knew exactly what had happened.

Then he vanished.

Khalia rushed over to her side and did a spell she recently learned while reading the book.

"Cast again, cast away. Heal her and make her whole again. Dispute any evil spirits lingering around her!" She shouted out.

Sooner a later she rose up rubbing her eyes.

"I think you should take your true form until we find out how to get rid of him." I say lowly as she looked around confused.

"Who?" She asks.

"Matthew, he did this to you." She informed.

"He did? How? Isn't he Marcus's familiar?" She asked as different questions popped up in her head.

She trusted him. And he wasn't even who he had claimed to be.

"Nah, he's a imposter. And you know what we do to imposters right?" Khalia asks.

"Get rid of them." Amelia adds on.

She helped her up and they made their way back into the room where her auntie sat behind a desk and explained everything.

•••

Vote

Share

Comment

Hmm, what about this?