Squeaky floors

The hospital floor squeaked underneath his sneakers. Michael hurried along behind William who was walking too fast for him to keep up, so once in a while he had to do a little jog.

Then William suddently stops. He turns arround and looks at Michael.

- You're going to wait there.
He points to a chair in the hallway.

Michael sits down and looks at the floor while William left him there, probably to go talk to the doctor in charge of Evan.

He was watching the floor, overthinking about the situation. So many things were happenning in his head at the moment. He was just wishing for everything to be fine.

"Calm down, he's not dead, he will survive... right ?"

After a while he gets up and slowly walks to Evan's room, while looking everywhere, nervously.

"I wonder where's fatha.."

He slowly walks towards the door peaking through the little window

*danganronpa body discovery sound*

He pushes the door and enters calmly. A stream of cold air crosses his back. Probably just his imagination.

He sit next to Evan's bed and looks at him.

"I hope you will forgive me..."

He pats evan and tears start to appear in his blue eyes.

"Why it's like that, it was just a prank, it shouldn't be like that. I just wanted you to be scared..."

The door of the hospital room suddently opens. Y/N appeared in the frame of the door.

Michael wipes his tears quickly and looks at her.

"Who were you talking to ?"
She sounded a little rude.

He doesn't answer her question and looks away.

She sits in the room and waits. Her father was supposed to come too, later. He was probably talking with William.

For 10 minutes no one spoke. She didn't want to talk to him and he didn't want to make her even more mad. So instead he took out his notebook from his bag and began to write something.

Once in a while he would sniffle and wipe his nose then continue writing.

Y/N was curious about what he was writing so she leaned over to read it but he pulled the notebook towards his chest hiding it. He shot her an apologetic look then continued writing.

A little later, he was in the 'trying-to-stop-sobbing-but-failing-miserably' stage, his eyes were both red and puffy and he looked tired.

Soon enough, as she thought he would, he fell asleep with his head on her shoulder. She wasn't exactly not mad at him but she was okay with him leaning on her.

Then the curiosity got the better of her.

She double checked that he was indeed asleep then slowly took the notebook out of his hand and began to read it.

Dear Evan:
Even though you probably won't get to read this, i'm writing it anyway. This whole thing didn't mean to happen, i'm so so sorry. It's entirely my fault and even if you do survive you will have every right to hate me and i hate myself for it too. If you don't survive i don't think i'll be able to forgive myself. Everyone will hate me. You'll hate me. Father will hate me more. Elizabeth wouldn't talk to me. Y/N would dump me and never speak to me again. And all because i wanted to scare you because it made me feel better and powerful. Wether you survive or not i'm going to change my ways. I promise you.

Lots of love, Mike.

He really didn't do it on purpose?