Roses

The funeral was held 21 days after Evan was pronounced dead. Everyone was devastated. Including Michael.

Although it sounds horrible, Y/N didn't want to go. But she had to be there for Michael. After all he came to Charlie's funeral so why would she not do the same?

She got up out of bed and got dressed. She put on a black dress and put on black heels to go with it.

She thought it would be disrespectful to do makeup for a funeral so she just applied lip gloss.

Rule N.1 of funerals: never wear mascara or eyeliner.

After she finished getting ready she got into the car with her father and her brother.

Y/N's mother left shortly after Charlie's funeral, she still thinks about her sometimes.

When they got there they got out of the car.

A few meters away was the Afton family car.

William was shouting at Elizabeth for some reason that she didn't want to know and Michael was stood by the side of the car looking at the ground and fiddling his thumbs. (A cute thing he does when he's nervous)

Y/N walked up to him.

When she got within range he sensed her presence and looked up at her.

Honestly she's seen him look better.

His hair was messy, he looked like he hasn't slept in a month, his shirt was un ironed.

But she could never find him ugly. He was the prettiest boy she knew.

She didn't say anything she just held out her arms and he fell into them. She wrapped them around his neck and he burrowed into her neck.

They stayed like that for a few minutes.

Eventually, they were interrupted by William grabbing Michael away from Y/N.

"Come on Michael let's go." He snapped.

Michael didn't say anything in retaliation he just sighed and allowed himself to be pulled away.

Y/N did a small little run to catch up to them and took his hand.

They all sat down at the front on the left side of the church.

Y/N sat to the right of Michael and held his hand in the gap between their legs.

He was doing surprisingly well, better then she thought at least. He had only sprung a few tears since she saw him.

Soon enough it started. Some funeral guys brought in a casket and placed it at the front. It was a closed casket (for obvious reasons).

A few people she's never seen before stood up and did a speech about how he was a special boy and things like that. It was a small town so they do probably know him just she doesn't recognise them.

When it was time to bury him they all went into the graveyard.

There was a hole already dug into the ground with a gravestone at the top.

The casket was placed on top of the hole but not in it. Now was the chance to say everyone's final goodbyes.

Everyone went in a line saying something positive and dropping a single rose on top.

Y/N squeezed his hand in encouragement and he looked at her with sad eyes but stepped forward. He clutched the rose in 2 hands against his chest and prepared to say something. But as he did he choked on his words.

His head pounded, everything sounded weird. his throat burned, he felt heavy and dizzy, his chest felt like he had just been impaled and his vision went blurry with the tears flooding his eyes.

Instead of saying something he just let out a whimpering sob.

"Oh Mike." she said. She turned him around and trapped him in a deep embrace. Like he did at the hospital he sobbed into her neck.

It was a cold day and his warmth comforted her. She slowly started to sob too.

The roses piled on top of the coffin began to lower into the ground with it.

"I love you"