Chapter 6 - Unprofessional

Kaia

There was absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go.

So, I spent the last day twiddling my thumbs, bored out of my fucking mind.

One thing that passed time was trying on all the new clothes. Most of them fit great, especially the dress. It hugged my body perfectly and I couldn't get over how good my tits looked.

At least the last time I did this, I was actually friends with Bianca. I enjoyed her company, and we had a lot of fun together. Right now, I was just wasting away, hoping that Elias would like me eventually...and for what?

I didn't even know why he needed to 'like' me. Couldn't I just be his friend? What was the point of breaking his heart too? I would have to ask my father about that as well, but not now. I needed to think before I called him again.

Lying down on the bed, I switched on the tv and flicked through the channels, hoping to find something entertaining. Keeping Up With The Kardashians came on, and I laughed as Kim moved across the screen, yelling at one of her siblings.

It baffled me to know that this family got paid just to exist and make a show about it. There were definitely more interesting people out there but hey, I bet they all have more money than me.

Somebody knocked at my door, so I got up from my position and went to open it. To my surprise, Rachel was standing there.

"Hello, Kaia," she said with a wide grin on her face.

"Hi..." I trailed, confused about why the front desk lady was visiting me. Did I do something? Was Elias kicking me out? Did he know?

"Can I come inside?" Rachel asked, but it was obviously a demand by the way she pushed past me and into the room without waiting for a response.

Closing the door, I examined the small woman in front of me. She was quite skinny if I was comparing her to myself. Blond hair tied up in a ponytail, light make-up, and a white flowy dress covered her body. She looked nice, yet I was more interested in why the hell she was here.

She walked across the room, scanning everything. What was she looking for? I didn't know, and just as I was about to ask, she beat me to it. "How are you enjoying your stay?"

"It's been fine, thanks. Do you need something?" I questioned, taking a seat in one of the chairs close to the door, watching her as she paced back and forth.

Rachel cleared her throat and lifted her head to look at me. I could tell she wasn't just here to ask about the quality of my stay. "I wanted to have some girl talk, you know?"

Well, I didn't expect that. Folding one of my legs over the other, I leaned back, ready to hear whatever she had to say. Rachel sat across from me on the bed, eyes sweeping over my body like I had done to her moments ago.

"You remember Elias, right?"

With an eyebrow raised, I responded. "Yes, of course. What about him?"

She took a deep breath, preparing herself. "We used to date a very long time ago...but now we're getting back together. I just wanted to let you know in case you expected anything to happen."

Great. A jealous ex-girlfriend. Just what I fucking needed.

"Not really...but if you two are happy, then that's good," I told Rachel, studying her reaction.

Not only did I dislike her attitude, but I could tell this wasn't going to be so easily solved. Her forehead creased and her hands balled into fists as if she wanted to hit me.