Chapter 34 - What's Her Name?

Elias

"I say we pregame before we go." Alexander walked into our hotel room without even knocking, a bottle of rum in hand. "If I have to spend the next five hours with a bunch of mobsters, then I need to be very plastered."

Kaia and I hadn't talked about yesterday. When we first got here and she started freaking out. She said she just needed to use the washroom really bad when I asked her about it, but I knew there was more.

One thing that I didn't like about us was how much we hid our feelings. She did it a lot, yet so did I. Kaia didn't need to bear my suffering, and I'm sure she thought the same way with me.

She stepped out of the washroom after changing into her outfit and she looked absolutely stunning.

A light pink dress covered her beautiful body, covering from just below her chest to just above her knees. She wore a pretty necklace, along with earrings and some make-up. Her hair was put in a half up half down look, with two long strands let out at the front then fell on her face.

I could look at her for hours. From the way that the curls settled on her shoulders to her eyes, the unique eyes that I fell in love with from the moment I first saw her. She was nothing short of amazing. Kaia reminded me of a goddess.

Just when I thought I was the only one staring, I saw Alexander's eyes grow wide as he watched her do a twirl in the mirror, checking herself out. "She is perfect, isn't she?"

"She is indeed." I agreed.

"Thank you." Kaia chuckled, walking over to Alex and taking the alcohol from him. "And why do you have to be drunk to hang out with mobsters like yourself?"

"Because I'm an asshole." He grabbed the shot glasses out of his pocket and placed them down on the desk. "We're all the same. And if I was them I would want to be drunk too."

"Fair enough." Kaia shrugged and began to pour the rum for us. "Let's not waste any time then, shall we?"

We killed the bottle in about twenty minutes. Alexander and I drank shot after shot, hoping to get the most out of the bottle, while she went slowly, not drinking as much as us.

The feeling of the liquid burning my throat was nice and comforting. Being around her so much made me forget about the alcohol, which I believed to be an impossible situation. Kaia was like a distraction from my life. I didn't think so deeply around her, unless it was about her.

I dressed in a dark gray suit before we left. I didn't know what to wear to weddings, considering I had only been to one in my life. Nina and Jason got married when I was about six or seven, so I had no sense of fashion for this occasion, or in general.

We all stood in the elevator. Kaia seemed to be holding her stomach like she didn't feel well. She spoke before I could ask her. "I think I had too much."

"Are you joking?" Alexander laughed inconsiderately. "You had like two shots."

That was true. I had never seen anyone act the way she was acting after two shots of rum. Even if she was a lightweight, it was very unlikely.

"Yeah, because I'm not a fucking alcoholic like you." she shot back, pushing some of the hair out of her face. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"You're lying." Alexander approached, placing a hand under her chin and tilting her head up. "You're not even pale. You just want to get out of the wedding, don't you?"

It only then crossed my mind that she might be faking. When I asked her to come with me two days ago she said she hated weddings, and that she wouldn't go with me. I had to convince her, why was she being so difficult?