1

~1~

~1~

~Flashback, 1 year ago~

My sore legs pushed against the weight of my own body, urging and pushing myself to walk down the baron town still trickling water from above. The town I once called "home". Even though I was exhausted beyond belief and broken inside and out, It was raining- storming really- and I was mindlessly walking down the street in search of something or someone familiar I could use to find help. But it was late, too late, and I was too tired and embarrassed to knock on some random person's door. And I couldn't pinpoint where I was from how dark it was.

With my cheeks flushed, pale from exhaustion and dry tears washed away by rain, I looked awful. My clothes, which were once dry until it began raining, were sticky against my skin.

Water wasn't my friend.

Water is what almost killed me...

But it hasn't ruined the letter. I used an old trick and the note is safely hidden in the handlebar of a certain bike. I expected to keep it, at least for future references. You never know.

The words he told me kept repeating in my head. Fragments in the letter sticking out more than others. I tried not to focus on it, wanting to save that breakdown for another day.

Maybe it was the weather, the dark overcast that made me shutter with fear, but the town seemed eerie. Every light was off, all except the dim street lights. But even then, the wind added to the rain made a sort of foggy mist that didn't let light travel far. Leaves blew around me, some getting caught on my clothes. And everything was loud. But even with the storm, the town was quiet. It was scary, made my stomach uneasy, and my heartbeat loud.

I eventually stopped in front of a building after wandering around like a lost puppy. It hit me it was the same building I first laid eyes on the man that has brought me back here.

I faced the library in all its glory. Well, now, it's gloomy glory.

It looked the same despite the time I've been gone, not to mention the current weather. I was too tired to reminisce on it-the distant memories I had made here-so I marched towards it solemnly and cupped my hands on the glass, peeked inside.

Pitch black, pitch black except for the small light coming from the back room.

Oh please let it be him..

I walked around the side of the building, slowly, splashing through puddles that caressed washed away leaves and trash. My arms cradled over my chest, trying to keep warm against the cold and bone-chilling air. I would for sure get a cold after this.

I was scared to knock for no real reason. After tonight, waking up in those woods, I don't think I was in the right head-space to be focused on a lot. I just needed help. Someone I knew.