6

~6~

~6~

My boot was tapping furiously against the dirt road, arms crossed over my chest to preserve warmth against the freezing, dry, desert air. I had been standing here for a good 20 minutes. On the side of a gas station a mile away from the prison, a mile away from Colby's sorry ass, and a mile away from an ac. This was a part of the plan, waiting here forever until my ride comes and gets me to take me into the prison. Really, no one was taking me, I was taking myself, just, with someone else's vehicle. I was impatient, so this wasn't exactly fun.

Especially not with two idiots talking it up in my ear.

"It said 10 p.m!" Jake's chattering voice explained.

"P.m? Or a.m? And was it 10? 10 seems a little late, you know." Sam growled right back.

The down plus of having ear com's= you hear everything.

"You two need to shut the hell up before I seriously lose it." I snapped, and they finally listened and went dead silent. That is until murmurs of more arguing were heard distantly and another piece of my sanity broke away.

I guess I can't be saying much, I haven't exactly made it that easy for them either. During our few days of planning and negotiating, I tended to disappear a lot to the shopping plazas. I also talked back, argued, ignored, and instigated them. The plan wasn't that hard and they repeated the same things over and over again so I had to keep myself entertained somehow. Plus, their frustrated expressions were hilarious. How could I not enjoy it?

I've never been an easy person to get along with when you piss me off. When I was a kid and someone would be unfair or rude, I was rude right back. I tried to stay out of trouble as much as I could, but even I talked back sometimes to my peers and teachers.

And fuck were Sam, Jake, and Corey pissing me off.

"I can still hear you two." I muttered grumpily, "Whispering isn't a skill you've mastered I suppose. Now someone tell me where the hell this car is." My eyes once again peer down the empty road and another gust of wind blows against my skin. I was wearing a skirt, something easy to slip out of, and a white tank top topped by Jake's spiked leather jacket that I, of course, stole before getting out of their car because it was cute and I was freezing my ass off before even exiting the vehicle. I looked cute and it was adjustable for when I was going to steal an outfit from Colby's pod's watch. Who said I had to look sloppy while committing a felony?

"Are you sure you don't see it? I promise the car is scheduled to transport 3 new guys into the prison and on schedule stop for gas at that gas station since it's always empty. It was pretty clear in the document I bought off some random guy." If I could, I would punch Jake's arm right now. Instead, all I could do was grind my teeth together and huff out a cold breath.

"I'm going to ignore that last part-." I mutter, finally seeing a vehicle approach in the far distance. My lip twitched upwards and I felt a small bit of relief warm me up, "And thank fuck you were right because if not I would have walked my freezing ass back and beat all of your asses."