~3~

The day was slow. Lili and I were to drive home tonight so we'd be back by tomorrow morning so we thought we'd explore a bit around the city while we're here. Was it smart to do so after stealing a priceless necklace from a dangerous family? No. But we weren't about to stay inside all day and waste away. No, we wanted to go out and explore. So we did.

"You are so fucking slow just snap the picture." Lili seethed annoyingly.

Lily can be an interesting character. She's what some people call a stick in the mud, and she can be, sometimes, but she is truly sweet and hilarious and so honest it hurts sometimes. I'm not lying when I say there is never a dull moment with her. Good or bad.

"I can't or else the sun ruins the lighting!" I tell her, adjusting the camera, "It has to be perfect."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "For who? Emmy mom? She's the only reason I'm taking the picture. I swear she's so pushy sometimes." Emphasis on the pushy.

She held her pose, a tall stance with her arms crossed, and I snapped the picture. I fixed my posture and smiled down at the picture as Lili strided over to me, pushing past by passers who glared as she cut them off. We were in time square, angry citizens were unavoidable so who gave a fuck.

Even I could see the tug on her lips when she looked down at the screen, then she cleared her throat and looked away, "I look... pretty."

I flip my hair over my shoulder, "It's a gift."

She began to scroll through the other countless photos I had taken of her throughout the day and I just admired the way her face contorted with every picture. From pleasure, to disgust, and then back to a slight cheery. She was picky with almost everything, but usually was satisfied with every picture I took of her. She was photogenic, it wasn't hard to get a good picture of her. That is.. if she even wanted a picture... which is rare.

I was having a good time with her. But, a feeling creeped up my shoulder. The idea of eyes staring at me grew in my gut and I looked around to see if I was right. I saw no one, but couldn't shake the feeling even when Lili and I walked around more to see if we could find some place to eat for lunch.

She didn't notice my paranoia, but it was there. I constantly looked over my shoulder to make sure no one was following, and made sure to have my gun stashed away under my winter coat. It was December and I was freezing, the stylish coat helped disguise my weapon.

But the feeling faded when we sat down to eat some McDonalds. Horrible food that really shouldn't be consumed by humans, but delicious burgers that made your mouth water. Not to mention the sprite, oh god. Explosion of flavor... But nothing beats KFC. Nothing.

"Wait, you never told me why you were hell bent on getting the necklace." Lili asked out of the blue, popping some fries into her mouth then taking a sip of her Tea.

I set my cup down, "You really want to hear it?"

"I didn't drive 12 hours to not hear the story. But I need a spoiler, is it sad?" She queried.

I shrug, "Depends how you look at it. Long story short, it's how I met Colby." I took a bite of my burger like what I said meant nothing.

She was taken back, "You said that way too casually." And perhaps she was right.

But, again, I shrug, "I mean, it's not that important."

"Sounds pretty important. Tell me."

I had to take a minute to let the memories it come back to me, well, allow them to. I try not to think too much of it all, knowing it usually made me depressed and anxious for countless hours following. But she asked, and I really do trust her with these things... while bending the truth just a little. Call it my venting session away from therapy and a little bit of lying.