15

~15~

~15~

            I left the Airbnb at approximately 1 a.m. It was freezing out, but I resisted taking any more clothes from the guys, saying Cliff would be picking me up, and left a short while after Colby's explanation, which left me more confused rather than whatever else I thought I would be feeling. I knew I had to think of my next steps, so I told them that I was tired and wanted to go. They all understood, and Colby walked me out.

The cold nipped at my skin, and I dreaded every second I was standing out there beside a concerned Colby. But I was a stubborn fuck, so I didn't accept any sort of help.

"Are you sure you don't want me to get you a jacket? It's only a few feet away-" He had tried to say. But I declined, and thankfully Cliff had just pulled up so I wasted no time getting into the car and shutting the door, letting out a shaky breath and letting the car's warmth defrost my skin.

Colby and I didn't say anything more about our frisky interaction in the bathroom. He barely said anything at all. Instead, sharing some words with Cliff before he drove off.

"You must be Cliff," Colby said, shaking his hand.

Cliff accepted the handshake, hiding every bit of wariness he had within him. "That's me."

I forgot that Colby knew about Cliff and I's history. The abuse the two of us endured. Colby didn't look at either of us any differently either way. If anything, Colby looked a bit shocked he was meeting him in the first place. Cliff being a sort of myth to him.

"You take care of her, will ya?" Colby said, "She's stubborn, probably has frostbite by now."

"Colby," I warned.

Cliff chuckled, "I'll get mad at her, don't you worry man."

I rolled my eyes, "Goodbye, Colby."

Colby could only give a firm nod, hesitating a bit before backing away from the car and resonating beneath a street lamp. Cliff gave me a concerned look, seeing the state I was in, and then drove off.

I kept my eyes on the rear view mirror, seeing Colby slowly get further away until he eventually was out of sight. That's when I let out a slow groan and bent forward, letting my forehead rest on the dashboard and my arms hang down.

"Who's clothes are those?"

I let my drowsy eyes glance down at my attire. "Colby's," I said, shutting my eyes again.

"Huh... did you two-"

"What? ew, no." I was quick to assume.

"Oh, I was going to ask if you two talked, but..."

I immediately felt weird, sitting up and looking at Cliff, "Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry, yes we did talk. A little bit. Barely anything at all. Mostly got answers." I rushed out.