10

~10~~flashback~

~10~
~flashback~

            Leaves crunched beneath my feet as I walked down the sidewalk. Passing by clueless citizens walking their dogs, kids, and teens laughing and chatting to themselves, and the occasional stray animal or rodent.

It was getting colder out, and my jacket wasn't much to keep me warm so I had my arms crossed over my chest. My eyes squinted while the wind blew against my face.

I liked taking walks now. Clearing my head. Not letting myself feel trapped inside my house and getting some fresh air. But it's getting harder now that winter is just around the corner.

It's almost November, almost two months since I was...

Things haven't been much better since then. Panic attacks are more common than before, nights seem to be getting tougher and tougher, and nightmares a lot more diverse and disruptive. My mom lays with me sometimes, just because she feels bad for me. I don't fight against it, in fact, I actually appreciate it. Sometimes they're so bad that I can't calm down by myself. She helps.

I've been seeing a therapist, and doctors are still trying to "diagnose" my sudden memory loss after facing no real head trauma.

They think it's a coping mechanism. My mind pushing away those "memories" that I can't seem to deal with.

lying is exhausting, but I will continue to do it. I have my reasons.

That cop, Lili, she isn't as annoying as she was the first few weeks when she was watching me. I used to avoid her, simply walking away from her if she tried to address me or finding my way out of the house at night just to feel like I had some sort of freedom. She would find me though. Such a pain in my ass.

Now, though, she's become more of a friend. After she once found me crying behind a building, those emotions caused by numerous things, she's been less hard on me and is much more understanding of my situation.

We hang out now, text a lot, and have become pretty close.

But today she has a work thing, and since this random guy is watching me in replace, I was able to slip past his clueless mind and go on this walk by myself.

I had somewhere to be, someone to see. And it was best I saw him without her watching from her car and getting suspicious. So I took this day as my opportunity to go see a certain librarian.

I've been bored. I have no career, and I refuse to go to college and try to "move on."

That's a waste of time.

I wasn't normal anymore. I couldn't live amongst normal people and study for the rest of my days like I haven't been through hell. I was tainted with more than just mental illness. Now I crave more than a quiet life.