19

~19~          *TW: Gore and violence*

~19~
          *TW: Gore and violence*

I'm not exactly sure when I woke up. I was knocked out for awhile, long enough to not even understand time. Minutes felt like hours and hours felt like nothing at all. Nothing, just like what I could see. Which was nothing. The sack over my head restricted all light from coming through, so when my eyes were open it didn't even feel like I was awake.

Instead, I was dreaming. Off in my own head to distract from the pain that throbbed throughout my body. I would imagine alternate universes where the world wasn't so wrong and then I would sleep, and then suddenly I was dreaming of things that didn't make sense, and then I was asleep again... or.. was I always asleep?

I confused my own brain and felt incredibly anxious at the loss of control I had over myself.

Eventually, when I was fully aware that I was awake and awake to stay, I focused on my senses and the things I could feel and see.

My stomach was wobbly, and therefore I knew I was on a plane. For how long I have been on this plane is unknown to me, but my bottom was numb and my legs were sore so I think I have been on this flight for awhile now. Unless the pain was from bruises, then in that case the flight had just begun.

Okay, I was on a flight and where I would be going was a mystery to me. I couldn't feel around to see who was around me because my hands and legs were tied, so I used a much more discreet way to figure out if anyone was sitting beside me.

I pretended to let my head fall to the side, as if gravity took control of me through my slumber. And as it fell it came into contact with a firm shoulder that wasn't kind enough to gently lift my head back up. I rough shove sat me upright.

So there was someone next to me.. noted.

There would be no escaping right now, because even if I did find a way to  escape and knock them all out, I would still be miles up in the air with no escape. So I stayed put.

I focused on the hum of the propellers and counted whenever that random machine somewhere in the cabin beeped. It would beep every 10 seconds.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 beep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 beep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 beep

the cycle repeated until I eventually fell back to sleep. But this time, I didn't dream. At least I don't think I did. When I was woken up by harsh hands and a firm grip, I didn't have time to recollect my thoughts and remember if I had dreamt of anything. But maybe I did.. because I don't think I would have woken up with wet cheeks if I hadn't dreamt of something.

From the plane, I was led down stairs and landed on hard concrete. My thick jacket had been removed from my body and so the second my body hit the open air I was shivering and  sniffling.

After a few dozen steps, I was shoved into a car and was sat in between two people. Their arms pressed against a couple of my bruises but I withheld any signs of pain. Just bit my tongue and cheek until I was sure I had drawn blood.