8 - "This is ridiculous."

Odie

"Odes." I hear John B say softly while shaking me, trying to wake me up. "Odie. Odessa."

"Damn not the government name." I rub my eyes, stretching. "What?" I ask, gripping a cold pillow and dragging it over, stuffing my face into it. 

"I'm leaving and I probably won't see you until later. You have Midsummers tonight, right?" He asks and I nod.

"Ward Cameron is being crowned as Head Douchebag at the knights table." I say, referring to this idiotic class status that some parents care way too much about. I say some because my dad could give a fuck about it, while Julie gives a real shit. Ward and Rose Cameron also give a shit, so you can tell where Julie's nose has recently been, because rumor has it, it was up Rose's ass.

"You're still asleep." He laughs. "I'll see you later, I know you're going to be the prettiest girl there."

"Nooo, Sarah Cameron will be." I tease and look at him, winking dramatically. 

"You're in a shit stirring mood this morning, aren't you." He laughs and I smile up at him. "What are you wearing?" He asks, crossing his arms. 

"There's a black garment bag hanging in the closet, if you want to look at it. It's a white silk dress. Where are you going?" I ask and he shrugs. 

"I'm gonna go find JJ. You're busy all day getting ready, right?"

"I'm going to sleep for another hour, I don't even know what time it is." I rub my eyes. "And then Kie and I are getting our hair done together, it was the only way that she would agree to do it, her mom, like, begged me to ask her to come with me."

"You both will look beautiful." He says and pats my head. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah. Stay out of trouble, please?" I ask and he laughs. 

"I'll try." He ruffles my hair again and then leaves. 

I send JJ a text, even though I'm pretty sure his phone has been dead since the hurricane. I haven't seen him since Heyward's yesterday, and I'm starting to freak out. Then I push a pillow on top of my head and sleep for an hour, because it's eight thirty in the morning, and I'm confused as to why John B wakes up at the same time as my damn father every morning. What is with the early morning wake ups? We're sixteen, let's act like it for a little bit and get some fucking sleep.

 I roll out of bed around an hour later, and get in the shower, but don't bother to wash my hair, because Julie booked a wash and blow out for me, at the salon. I throw on a big shirt and shorts and see Izzy working on flower crowns at the dinner table once I get downstairs. 

"Hey." She shouts when she sees me. "C'mere." She waves me into the formal dining room, that's really more of a homework and craft area than a place to eat, but that's besides the point. "Making you one. What colors would you like?" She motions to all the flowers on the table.

"Uh, I'm just wearing white, with tan pumps, so keep it simple. Maybe some purple, because it makes my eyes go crazy?" I say and she nods. "Thanks, Iz." I smile and head into the kitchen. "Hey. I've got hair at 11:30, right?" I ask and she nods. 

"I booked appointments for you and Kiara. She's still set on an updo, right? I can call and change it now, if we need to."

"She wants like, a low bun with some face framing." I confirm. "Is that an updo?" I ask and she nods. "Cool, yeah, we're all set then, right?" I ask and she nods. 

"Do you want me to drive you over there? You shouldn't drive your car, since there's no roof or doors and we don't want to mess your hair up." She says and I smile.