9 - "Hey, Kiara..."

Odie

John Booker Routledge is the most dramatic motherfucker on this goddamn planet.

He's got a whole lot of fucking nerve to be as dramatic as he is, passing out like that when he only has a concussion and a broken wrist. Yeah, yeah, traumatic fall, my ass. He was taken away in an ambulance and I wasn't allowed to go in it with him. That was so fucking scary.

Beep, beep, beep.

That's the soundtrack of my life right now.

JB was taken away and JJ drove Pope and Kie home, then took me home to explain everything to my dad, who had me change and then we all went to the hospital. And now we've been here for two hours. Sarah Cameron is by his side, and it's pretty cute despite the fact that she won't stop crying so I can't sit with her peacefully.

"Hi." I hear Sarah say.

"Hi." I hear John B say weakly in response. "Where am I?" He asks.

"St. Olive's." She sounds really happy that he's awake, so I'll let them have a moment. "You fell from the Hawk's Nest. You have a concussion and a broken wrist."

"Odie?" He asks and I walk in.

"Hey drama king." I smirk, looking at him. "I picked your cast color, figured it went with everything." I pat his shoulder.

"Thanks." He smiles up at me. "Is dad pissed?" He asks and I laugh, tears forming in my eyes.

"You're jumping too far ahead." I shake my head and Sarah laughs. "You passed out and I went into panic mode." I admit. "JJ had to take over." I say, wiping a tear and he laughs.

"Where is he?"

"Oh, shit. He's getting food." I laugh and look back at the empty hallway. "With my dad, uh he's not mad, by the way. Just confused. But I'm mad." I cross my arms, sitting on the end of his bed and Sarah narrows her eyes at me.

"What?" She asks, looking at me.

"How did Topper know you were meeting there?" I ask and Sarah shakes her head.

"I have no idea, I swear to you. I had Wheezie fake as me in my bed, my dad doesn't know I'm here. I'm in a fight with Topper, I'm going to break up with him." She says and clutches John B's hand.

"Okay, save the romance for later, please, this is my best friend, and that's disgusting." I motion to their hands and John B laughs.

"Not even a handhold, Odes?"

"Hey!" My dad shouts, walking back in. "Let's get you the hell outta here! I brought food!" He puts the sack of McDonalds down on the table next to John B's bed and then leaves, shouting for a nurse.

"Dude!" JJ laughs, hopping on John B.

"Hey man."

"Big fall, my guy. And you didn't stick the landing, definitely not making the Olympics." He shakes his head and John B laughs.

"Maybe it was Wheezie." I look at Sarah.

"Maybe. She's my sister, maybe she thought it was for the best. She loves Topper and I together."

"Well, tell her to get over it." I say and we both laugh.

"Alright!" My dad claps, bringing in a nurse with a clipboard.

"Let's get you discharged, honey." The nurse smiles.

We're back home an hour later, dropping Sarah off on our way. "Ward was very ready to take you away from me, John B." My dad says when we pull into our driveway. "Why is that?"