3 - "Chop chop."

Odie

After a short lived attempt of reporting the wreck to the Coast Guard, we head to the motel that's on the key, conveniently the only waterfront motel on the island, to attempt to find out who's boat is now at the bottom of the marsh.

"I can't believe that woman with a diabetic dog was getting more attention from the Coast Guard than us." I shake my head.

"Diabetic dogs are important, Odie."

"We found a fucking Grady-White at the bottom of the ocean!" I shout. "They didn't even look at us! I could've flashed a boob and nobody would've noticed!" I groan and cross my arms.

"A few heads would turn at that, Odie." Kie turns to me and I scowl.

"No." I deny, shaking my head.

"Yeah." JJ nods and then sits down next to me.

"Sorry that you're pretty, hun, don't know what to tell ya." Kie says and pats my shoulder.

"Just gonna have to learn to live with it, I guess." I say and lean my head on JJ's shoulder, sighing.

"Shut up." He pushes me off of his shoulder and I flip him off as I reach down and get myself a fresh beer.

"I thought the Château looked bad." JJ whistles as we pull up to the motel.

"This place is a shit show." John B shakes his head.

"Says a lot coming from you."

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie laughs.

"You be the judge." Pope responds.

"Chose your own adventure. It's probably a crapshoot opening any door." I laugh and JJ shakes his head, stealing my beer and taking a few gulps.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays."

"Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." I shake my head.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." John B says, steering the boat straight for the grass that's next to the channel, not bothering to dock.

"Whoo!" JJ hops off the boat before it hits, and breaks the landing, making sure we'll be able to get a push off to leave.

"We good?" John B asks and JJ nods.

"Yeah, we good."

"All right. Here goes nothin'." John B moves to leave the boat and I grab his arm.

"Hey." I say with a sigh, grabbing John B's arm.

"Yeah?"

"Don't let him do anything stupid." I look past him to JJ.

"Oh, yeah I'll make sure neither of us do anything stupid. I make no promises."

"Yeah, I know." I groan.

"Uh, be careful. I mean it." Kie points at John B and I laugh.

"Seriously, please don't be super stupid."

"Try our best." JJ and John B call as they walk away and I watch, sitting on my cooler as they head towards the second floor of the motel.

"They're going to do something stupid." I sigh, looking at Kie, who nods.

"It's hard for JJ to breathe without doing something stupid, sweetheart." She pats my shoulder.

"You're not wrong." I nod. "Remember when he almost got arrested in May for trying to get into the bar on the North Side?" I laugh. "Fuckin' dumbass."