10 - "You're my number one."

Odie

Sometimes, I think John B has a death wish. He didn't tell anyone else this fun fact, but when he was down in the well, he found a fucking skull. And guess where we're headed right now? BACK TO THE VERY SAME WELL. Sure, there's gold in it, but there's also human soup at the very, very bottom. Everyone has kind of skimmed over this, but I on the other hand, can not stop thinking about it. Mrs. Crain, I'm praying you're having a wonderful, long, deep sleep tonight.

"You got rope?" John B asks and Pope nods.

"Got it."

"Grappling hook?"

"No grappling hook. We're not Batman."

"Pulley?" John B looks back.

"Got it." Kie nods.

"Dark clothes?"

"Got it." Sarah scoffs. She brought eye black. We had to talk her down.

"Flashlights?"

"Yup." I flick mine on and off.

"All right, good. We're ready." John B smiles.

"Let's go." Kie nods.

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ laughs.

"Yeah. Hell, yeah." Kie laughs.

"Go, boys." Pope says.

"And girls." I scoff.

"Let's go." Pope rolls his eyes.

"Wait, wait." John B says and we all freeze, looking over at him. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight.

"Always." Kie rubs his shoulder.

"Dude." I shake my head. "I've been your sidekick since birth, of course I'm here." I say and a big smile cracks on his face, looking over at me.

Of course, man." Pope shakes his head.

"My brother." JJ laughs. "All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?

"Yeah." John B nods and we get out of the Twinkie.

"Let's get that wheat in the water." Pope rubs his hands together.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ nudges me and I laugh, just so he won't make the joke again.

"Wheat. I said wheat."

"After you." Kie waves Sarah and I ahead of her, although JJ and Pope are walking ahead of me.

"Ladies first." I roll my eyes at them.

"Shit!" Sarah gasps when the automatic light turns on.

"Oh, shit!" John B squats down and we all follow suit, and I scramble to get my flashlight off.

"Go, go, go, go."

"Flashlights!"

"It's on strobe!" JJ panics as he tries to turn his off.

"Flashlights."

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights. We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" John B thinks aloud.

"What?" I ask, shocked that he's that stupid.

"That's not how it works."

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." JJ smiles.

"What?" Pope scoffs. "That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." He shakes his head.

"Throw a rock at it?" I repeat the idea back to John B, looking at him.