6 - "Huh, who would've thought?"

Odie

"Oh my God." I say, looking at a package with the nickname Big John always used for John B. "Bird." I whisper, picking it up. "Here." I slide it through the gap before pulling myself up and out, taking JJ's extended hand for help on the jump down.

"In celebration." He holds up the joint from before to me and I roll my eyes as he lights it, turning back to John B. "Code red, code red." He says when we all turn at the sound of tires crunching on leaves. "Square groupers, square groupers."

"Go!" Kie says, and we all go to the other side of the tomb.

"It's the guys that robbed your house."

"Lights." Kie says and we all turn off our flashlights, lamps and JB's fucking lantern while JJ taps the joint on the side of the tomb, snuffing it out. So much respect for the dead.

"Do you think it's them?" I ask JJ as he peeks over.

"Homie's got a gun." He responds and Kie shakes her head.

"Screw this." She says, turning on her flashlight and starts running towards the car, all of us quickly following suit, jumping over the tall fence.

"Guys, shit!" Pope shouts, and I see his pants are caught on one of the loops at the top of the fence. "I'm stuck."

"I got you." Kie says and I look at JJ as he takes the fucking gun out of his pocket and aims it at Pope.

"Hey Pope, don't move, okay?" He asks and I knock his hand down.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I ask, shaking my head.

"You're gonna rip me!" Pope says as Kie starts to tug on his shorts, and just like he says, there's a big rip and Pope's back on the ground with us.

"Oh my God!" I laugh when Pope turns around, his white boxer briefs on display as he runs to the van. "Get in!" I say, still hysterical, sliding the door open and letting the boys in as Kie hops in front. "Stupid." I shake my head, slamming the door closed behind myself as JB drives away.

We're back at the Chateau in no time, after one joint shared between Kie, JJ and I on the ride home.

"I'm starving." JJ says, going for bread I brought here a week ago, and grabbing a jar of peanut butter.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope says.

"It's fine, I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ says, spreading the peanut butter. "Plus, mold is good for you, it's a natural organism."

"You sound like my dad." I roll my eyes, sitting down with John B as he looks down at the FedEx envelope. "Come on, dude." I say and he rushes in.

"Hot damn. Okay, let's do it." He says and I look up at his sandwich.

"Ew, J." I wrinkle my nose, looking at the blue spots as John B tears the cardboard. There's a gag as JJ takes a bite. "Told you." I scoff and he flips me off as John B unfolds a piece of paper.

"Oh shit." John B says, laying down a map.

"Boom. 'X' marks the spot." Pope points.

"There's more." JB reaches in again.

"What's that?" JJ asks.

"It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kie responds before I can. And took the words right out of my mouth, love my bestie. John B clicks the button on the side of the recorder.

"Dear Bird," Big John's voice is heard and chills run up my arms.

"Who's Bird?"

"That's what my dad called me." John B responds before the tape starts talking again.