0.5

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth

Odie Jordan, is a born and bred Pogue, forced into being Kook. By her measurements she's about 90% Pogue, 10% Kook, but her step-mom forces the Kook lifestyle onto her more often than not. Born in The Cut and transplanted into Figure Eight at the age of twelve, Odie found herself biking across the island daily, to spend her time away from her family and with her best friend.

John Booker Routledge is Odie's best friend. Alex Jordan, Odie's father, and Big John Routledge grew up together, and as a result, the pair were best friends before they were even born. They were even born within two months of each other. Wherever Odie was, it wasn't uncommon for her to have John B and the other Pogues by her side.

Speaking of the other Pogues, you have Odie's other best friends. Kie, Pope and of course, JJ. Kiara "Kie" Carrera was a Kook that blessed the Pogues with her presence. She was a little hippy ray of sunshine that radiates good vibes with Bob Marley soundtracking her life. Odie and Kie met in ninth grade during third period Algebra, right after Odie had to transfer out of Kildaire County High and into The Academy.

Pope Heyward was the nerdiest guy that had ever come out of the Outer Banks, Odie was sure of it. Set to have a merit scholarship by the end of the summer, all he wanted to do was stay out of trouble. Odie was a bookworm, and although the two of them had very different tastes in books, but have been trading and talking about them for as long as she could remember.

And then there was JJ. JJ Maybank. Odie's knight in shining armor, if shining armor could be considered a pair of beaten up board shorts and dirty sneakers. Ever since the kindergarten when he first helped John B beat up Robert Winston for pushing her to the ground, causing her to scrape her knee, Odie, John B and JJ have all inseparable. She's had a little crush on him that was growing bit by bit ever since kindergarten, and little did she know he felt the exact same way. But they both had to abide by their mutual best friend, and his stupid "no Pogue-on-Pogue macking" rule, no matter how hard it was to suppress their feelings sometimes.

Every year they vowed to have the best summer ever. Like John B says, the Pogues mission is to have a good time all the time.

They just didn't know this summer was going to be the best summer of their lives.