Chapter 4

Authors Note; Sorry this took so long! It was ridiculous... Sorry.. And this is unedited because i'm a lazy git... So sorry. :/ ~B.T.C.

Chapter 4

Niall was lying on the ground, a pillow tucked under his head and a blanket spread over his body. He wasn’t asleep, no, his body was too sore and too stiff to let him surrender to the darkness. Instead he laid there, letting Harry run his fingers through his hair, and hearing the quiet whisper of the other boys, Zayn, Liam, and Louis, in the corner.

“I can make you see anything I want you to see,” Niall said, his voice soft and his head cradled in Harry’s lap, “Anything you wish for, I can make it real for you.” His voice slipped from his lips, hanging in the air like clouds. They were gentle, and sweet, and Harry used his thumbnail to brush away the remainder of the blood under the boys left eyebrow.

“Really?” Harry whispered, moving his thumb and tracing Niall’s features with it. The small lips, the too wide eyes, and the small, button nose. Harry wondered why he felt so connected with Niall. Maybe it was their powers, or the situation, or just how small and venerable Niall was, like he just needed protection from everything. Maybe it was the bruises, or how Niall knew everything about Harry, and Harry knew everything about Niall, or just maybe they needed some sanity. 

“Yes,” Niall looked up at Harry with parted lips, their eyes meeting and Harry had no fear of pain from his too frightening and too blue eyes, “It makes me tired, but I can do it and I can hold the façade for hours. It’d be just like you’re there and interacting,” Niall cleared his throat loudly, “Let me show you.”

“I don’t want to do anything that’ll make you tired,” Harry complied, smiling numbly down at the older, yet smaller boy draped across him. But Niall was already sitting up, smiling, jumping around on his knees.

“No, It won’t be a big deal, I’ll just keep it up for thirty seconds. You’ll love it.” Niall said, putting his hands on both of Harry’s cheeks, hooking his fingers behind his ears once again and grinning wide. “Now, tell me what you want to see!” Niall trilled, his face flushed.

“Anything?” Harry asked cautiously, his face aflame.

“Anything.” Niall confirmed, and then chuckled, “You know, I know just what to show you.” Niall bowed his head, his fingers digging into Harry’s cheeks a little harder than intended, and then he looked up and met Harry’s eyes. Harry felt the cold feeling swallow his body, in then he was standing on a stage.

There was a crowd in front of him, thousands of girls, all cheering his name, chanting their love for him. Signs were held above heads, posters clutched in hands, faces were red from screaming. They were dressed in shirts plastered with his face and his name, and girls in the front row reached out with desperate hands and tears streaming down their faces. Harry took a few fumbling steps forward, a microphone grasped in his hand and a ear piece hanging off his shoulder, tickling his neck with the wire. He stood, a band playing behind him and fans screaming his name, adrenaline surging like ice water in his veins, in then it was all going dark and he was just looking into blue, blue, blue eyes and he was wearing a dumb grin.

“Niall that was… That was amazing.” Harry whispered, looking up to see Niall with his hands on the ground and his chest rising and falling as he breathed deeply.

“Was it? I tried my best, that’s what you wanted right?” Niall asked, panting slightly as he got to his knees and smiled. Harry nodded, sinking back onto his butt and grinning wildly.

“Liam, Zayn, Louis, would you like to try it too?” Niall asked, and Liam crawled over to him firstly, sitting on his knees.

“Niall, I’d like to see-“ But Niall put his hand over Liam’s pouty mouth, and let their eyes meet.