CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

“Harry!” Niall trilled senselessly. His pale, used body threw itself into hysterical movements as he wrapped his arms around the slender, curly headed lad in front of him. His knees shook and Harry hooked his arms around him and propped him up on his toes. Harry wept gently into Niall’s greasy blond hair, pushing his fingers through the knots and tangles.

“Niall. Oh I can finally touch you,” Harry’s hands shook as his fingertips grazed Niall’s sensitive, smooth skin. Goosebumps erupted where his fingers flitted over. “I dreamt horrible dreams about you,” Harry whispered, scattering light kisses around Niall’s flushed face, “I dreamt that you kept leaving me.”

Niall’s arms scrunched tighter. He was nothing but a shell of his former self. Many days and nights of darkness and rape had forced his mind to counteract the pain by retreating into itself. He was like a love sick puppy now, childlike, with angelic features and the smarts to blow up the world with a lighter and three disconnected television wires.

“What have they done to you?” Harry asked, and let his hungry hands roam over bruises and finger prints. Dark, finger tip shaped bruised polluted his pale expanse of neck. Harry leant forward and gently kissed a few. Niall shivered underneath him.

“I missed you.” Niall whispered, his first coherent sentence since Harry’s arrival. He made a guttural, inhuman sound and forced his lips on Harry’s. “Many mean men came to take Niall away from himself.” Niall spoke dizzily, like he was unsure of his own body and emotions. He pressed demanding kisses on Harry’s swollen lips. “Many mean men. Many. It was so dark. I want the lights to stay on. I don’t like the dark no more. Dark means pain.” Niall’s voice cracked as he hugged Harry.

Harry sunk bedraggled, to his knees. He put his nose in Niall’s hair. It smelt reek.

“Harry, can you make the lights stay on?” Niall begged, as Harry brushed their noses lightly.

Harry cringed.

“No, baby, I can’t. But I can protect you from what’s in the dark. I can try.”

The lights turned off for sleep time.

“Harry I want home.”

“Niall wants home.”

Harry cried.

“I do to, babe, I do too.”