♧Chapter 5♧

♧The first mission♧

After some time, the four of them finally reached the village. They started to hunt the boars. The boys were the first ones to hunt, meanwhile Noelle was just at the side and Claudia was not going too far incase something happens.

-Time skip-

All of them are finally done hunting the wild boars. Claudia used her magic to make the boars the levitate so none of them could be tired by carrying the boars.

All of them are getting closer to the village. Magna noticed that the entire village was covered with thick mist. The four of them went closer to the village to inspect.

"Someone used magic to cover this village with mist." Claudia said, "And it seems there are more than one person behind this." She continued. The three of them agreed to what Claudia said.

They went inside and they could barely see their surroundings. Claudia then used her magic to see her surroundings more clearer. The moment she activated her magic, her were now glowing more red and she can see her surroundings more clearly.

All of them were looking around when they saw large amount of people were on the ground looking scared and some of them were even crying.

They approached the people and when they do, the people on the ground stared at them. "Look! It's the magic knights!" The little girl said, "Magic knights, please save us! Please save this whole village!" A woman plead.

Magna then went to a boy whose name is Nick. "Nick what happen here?" Magna asked, the boy was sad and he then pointed towards the direction of a man who was laying down.

The magic knights then rushed to where the boy was pointing. There was man laying down on the ground, he was dead, he was the mayor of this village, he had a wound on his side and died because of the lost of blood. The people them told the knights that this man was trying hard to protect the people against the bad guys.

All of a sudden, a man with a with a white hood then attack the magic knights. He also has some other people in the who wore the same robes as him.

"How could you do something so cruel? Who are you guys?!" Asta shouted. The magic knights were confused as to who are this people who were attacking the village. "I don't recall anything about magic knights showing up." One of the hooded men said. "Could they be out on some unofficial mission?" Another man said. They started to insult the magic knights who are in the black bulls squad, the knights were starting to piss of at them, especially the half-demon, Claudia.

Asta was the first one to attack them, by running towards them with a sword in hand, ready to hit them at any moment. Before the boy have reached them, one of the man suddenly use his magic towards Asta. he quickly swung his sword in front of him in the incoming magic, once hit, the magic quickly disappear. The man, who has a scar on his forehead stood up and started talking about things that aren't important.

Claudia was loosing her temper and attack them without using her grimoire. They were caught off guard by the sudden attack and Claudia was releasing her sinister mana to intimidate them. They were scared and they start to panicked. The other black bulls were also scared. Claudia then instructed Mana and Asta to back her up while she instructed Noelle to protect the people so they wouldn't get hit by the attacks. The three magic knights then got into action and the two boys were running towards Claudia and Noelle went up the people casting a defense spell.

While Claudia was attacking. She used her black magic to make the men levitate, one of them got away and Asta chased the man. The man has received injuries form Claudia's attack to which his speed had become slower and Asta catch up to him, he appeared right in front of him and hit him hard with his sword. The man was now on the ground, weak from the sudden impact of the sword. Magna then use his magic to bind the men so they wont escape.

Unfortunately, one of the men then use his magic and all of them disappeared. The knights assumed that they committed suicide in order to not get any information from them.

♧♧♧♧♧

Once the knights were done with their job, they burry the old man's corpse on top of a mountain. All of them were feeling down. The anti-magic bird then came up to Asta and started to attack his head while the bird was carrying a stone at its mouth.

All of them were now finished with their mission and was going back to the base. Asta then called to Claudia, "Oi! Claudia-san! I just want to talk about earlier. And good work for today!" Thanks, and what about it?" "Y'know, when you were attacking the guys, you suddenly released a sinister mana from earlier. I was actually scared by your presence y'know." Claudia was silent for a moment, she was thinking about excuses to tell Asta. "Well, that's because you took to long to attack, and I just want scared those guys away. They're absolutely weak y'know."

Magna then when to his ride and did Claudia. Asta is with Magna and Noelle is with Claudia. They then drove of from the village tot their hide out.

Once they arrived, the four of them went inside their base and saw their captain reading a news paper. The four of them then report what happen and how the village was attack and the mayor died.

Captain Yami congratulate them from their first mission and laugh. The three of the newbies were confused and Magna also started laughing along with their captain. "Um.. why are you laughing? Someone just died.." Yami then intimidate him and explain to him. The three of them just force a laugh and are glad that none of them came back dead from their first mission.