Chapter 1: a new beginning

Hi guys, so  this is my first fanfic ever and the first time ever that I'm writing a story in English so plzz of there a any grammer mistakes don't fear just tell me. Yeah that was it i hope you like the book.

Kara's pov

I sit on my bed in the orphanage,sad. Of course I'm sad it's only been a year since my parents died in a house fire. While I'm staring at myself in the mirror that hangs on my closet door, I hear a knock on the door "can I come in?". I quickly direct my attention at the door. "Yeah".
I see it's the old lady who runs the orphanage.
"Hi sweetie, are you ready to meet a potential new family today?". "Not really", I say. "Why not sweetie?". "Nothing, I just don't think... never mind. I don't wanna talk about it.". "If that's what you want. They will be here in about ten minutes I will come and get you once they're here okay?". "Okay"

I just don't want a new family, I was happy but now... it's all gone. Maddie, my friend here in the orphanage, always says: the past is the past, nothing can change it. The present is a gift because your still here. The future is a surprise but I won't take long for it to become history. Now I just hope that my past will become history soon and not just a nightmare of memories. That the present will soon become a gift and not a burden and that the future will have some good history.

Ding dong.... the doorbell they're here. I'm excited to meet them because I still have hope that someone wants me, also not because maybe just no one wants me, a child with a bad past. Nock nock. "Sweetie they're here".