Chapter 4: first days sucks.

It's been a couple of days and today is September first. It's my first day of highs school in Midvale
Also, it's my first day ever in high school. I'm kind of excited. Also a little scared.

I'm not sleeping I woke up from a nightmare This night around 5 am and I just decided that it was useless to go back to sleep. So I'm just laying in my bed staring out the window that's next to my bed. It's a sunny day. I hope that that says something about how the day will go.
"Ugh, Kara you up," Alex says grumpy. Of course, she is grumpy it's school again. I'm kind of excited so I say: "I'm up! Alex, it's the first day of school, don't want to miss that right?"
"Right, just be careful okay? School can be a mean place if you don't watch out.". "I know, I know!".

"Girls, quick come eat your breakfast!" Eliza yells. "PANCAKES!" I yell once I get downstairs. "Jesus, how can you have so much energy at 7  in the morning?" "Because pancakes are the best besides potstickers"
I hear Eliza laugh a little bit and then she says: "you can't eat potstickers for breakfast and you know that sweetheart". We eat our pancakes. Alex eats two and Kara eats 5.

"Girls, before you leave come is here". We go to Eliza and she gives us both a planner. I look at here confused and apparently, Alex notices "it's a Danvers tradition, on every first day you get a planner". "Oh, fun."

When we go on the bus I get more and more nervous. I go to sit next to a girl who is sleeping in her seat. When I sit down she starts to wake up "omg... I'm so sorry that I woke you up!" Perfect first impression once again. Sheesh, I'm bad at first impressions. "It's okay, I'm Nia"
"I'm k-Kara". Omg, again I have something with me. Not being able to introduce myself.
"Are you new? I've never seen you in Midvale."
Nia asks. "Kind of its complicated." "Ok. Are you a freshman?" "Yes, I think it's my first day ever in high school, I'm kinda nervous" "you're not alone, I'm a freshman to"  we started talking and then a couple of minutes later we arrive at school.

"Bye Kara, I have to go". Where did she needed to go didn't she just need to get to her class?
I think about it. When I arrive at the principal's office I see a very familiar girl already inside.
I go inside and see it's Nia. I give a confused look. "Good morning miss Danvers, Nia here will give you a tour around the school" "oh that's nice." "I Kara, again". To answer the confused look the principal sends towards Nia she answers: "we met on the bus". "Okay, Miss Danvers. Here is your schedule."

When we go outside Nia asks to see my schedule.  I wasn't here yet when the tour was given over summer that's why Nia is giving me a tour around. "Nice, we have all the same classes!" Nia yells excitedly. She seems a nice person I hope we can become friends.

After Nia had given me the tour we head towards math class because art in first period had already ended. When we walk inside the classroom miss Veris looks at me and Nia and says: ahh miss. Nal and the new girl. Nia you can take a place next to Mr. Dox and miss. Danvers. You can come forward to introduce yourself". I take a step forward In The direction of the front of the classroom. I look around and see Nia in her seat thumbs up behind her desk but high enough for me to see. "Uhhh..... I'm Kara. And I—I'm new to the district." I quickly go to take a seat. I end up sitting next to a blond boy with fluffy hair. He seems quite nice. When he looks up from his book. He notices I'm went to sit next to him, maybe because it's the only free place in the classroom. "Hello, Tobias, Tobias morsen." "Hi, I'm k-Kara."
"Nice to meet you kara and do you have a last name?". I get a bump I'm my troth. "It's Danvers". My last name used to be Zorle, but since the Danvers adopted me it's been legally changed to Danvers. "Didn't think Alex had a sister," Tobias says with a confused look. "That none of your business," I say irritated. "Oh don't be mad I'm just wondering," he says laughing

After math class, I go up to Nia "who is that guy?". I say a little less irritated. "Ohh Tobias, I could describe it as a complete asshole who failed freshman year?." Nia says with a small smile on her face. "I'm so hungry, luckily it's lunchtime!" I look at her with a happy smile cause I love food.

When we go into the lunch hall I see Alex looking around. And then when she sees me she puts her hand up and waves at me to come over to her. I take Nia with me and walk up to Alex. "H-hi, Alex," I say nervous cause people that are I guess Alex her friends are sitting around her. "Hello, kara, nice to see you, yeah all is good I'm okay," she says jokingly "sorry," I say. "Ohh don't worry it's all good and how did you're first day go so far? I see you made a friend already." Alex says looking at Nia. "Hi, I'm Nia Nal." Nia says with no doubt. "Nice to meet you, Nia. Kara that is Maggie, my friend"
"Nice to meet ya little Danvers!" Maggie says excitedly and calms down after a dead glare from Alex. I'm a little shocked at the name Maggie gave me, not that I don't like it, just that I'm not used to the fact that my last name is now Danvers. "Uhmm... I'm gonna go to the toilet." I say with a small smile ignoring the worried look Alex is giving me.

When I'm on my way to the toilet I walk into Tobias. "Ahh, you're the one I was looking for!" he says doing a weird laugh "so I did some digging, and you're not Alex her sister. You're adopted. But hey it's close enough to be able to give her a message!" he says with a tone that scares me. He grabs my arm and throws my bag off me onto the other side of the empty hallway. He grabs my face and slams it into a locker. I'm confused at the sudden aggression. "Say to Alex that I will revenge her for rejecting me last year!" he screams into my ears. "Ok. But what do I have to do with that?" I say scared. "I'm just giving you a taste of the revenge, little orphan!" he yells at slaps my head against the locker another time. I feel tears running down my face. "Stop... Please stop" I beg him. He turns me around grabbing my chin with his hands and looking me straight in the eyes. "You understood!" he yells in my face. I nod while I'm trying to hold the flowing tears in. He nods happily then backs of a bit and punches me right in the nose and I fall against the locker onto the ground crying. Then he walks away.

I look at my hands that I was holding against my nose and see blood everywhere. I stand up quickly and try to run to the bathroom. Once I get there I start collecting toilet paper to hold against my nose.  When I'm holding some toilet paper against my nose I'm standing in front of the mirror processing the things that just happened. I quickly pull myself together again and decide to just say I ran into a wall. Nothing about my meeting with Tobias.

As I'm walking back into the lunch hall I get some confused looks as I'm walking in the direction of where Alex, Nia, and Maggie are sitting. When I go to sit back down Alex is busy talking with Nia about something but Maggie noticed my nose "Jezus, little Danvers what did you do!" Maggie says loudly. Alex looks up chocked at what Maggie just said then looks up to me and before she can say anything I decided to stick to the plan and say " I ran into a wall.". Alex looks at me worried "you okay it looks pretty serious?"  before I can say anything I can feel myself getting nauseous, I quickly grab the bucket that was standing a couple of inches away from the table. I puke in it look up and then pass out.

This is way more comfortable than the floor I remember falling on. While I'm opening my eyes I see a bright room. "Can someone I'm the lights, please?" I asked confused about where I am. I feel the lights dimming and then open them completely only to realize I'm laying in some kind of nurse room. "Ah look who is awake." I hear a sweet voice coming from the door. "What happens?" I say when I realize I'm in the nurse's office at school. "You puked, then fainted. My guess blood loss you had a pretty big nose bleed," she says while dialing some number on her phone. Then she walks out of the office and Alex walks in. "Kara! You scared me!" she says worriedly. "I guess, how long was I out?" I mumble. Confused Alex answers "about 30 minutes.".  Then the nurse was back in and looks at Alex then Alex realizes she needs to go to class. When Alex is out the nurse says "I called home; they're gonna come and pick you up." then she turns around.