Chapter 6: meeting Mike

"Uhm could I ask you a question?" I ask as
I step in front of the young boy. He comes to a stop  "of course". "Do you know the way to Midvale high?" I ask carefully. "Of course I'm heading there right now," the young boy says excitingly " I'm Mike". "Kara," I say happy that I'm no longer lost.

"Are you going to try out for something?" Mike asks. "Try out? Why not would I be trying out for something?" I ask confused. "Because the tryouts are today. I'm late." Mike says. "Oh... No, I'm not trying out for something. You?" I say now understanding the situation. "I'm trying out for the football team. I hope being late doesn't affect my chances" Mike says anxiously. I see the school at the end of pf the street. "Thank you. I don't know the way around here and I was kinda lost." I say. "No problem, I should probably hurry up. You got it from here right? See ya!" Mike says while he starts to walk faster. "Yeah, I got it thx, see ya later."  when I arrive at the school I see the football tryouts on the field. I see Mike running his ass off to repay for being late. I laugh a little bit then I go inside the school and decide to go to the library and read a little before school starts. It's 7:15 when I arrive at the library. School starts at 9 am so I have a lot of time.
.............................................................................
Meanwhile at the Danvers' house.
Alex POV

Alex thinks kara just went downstairs. But when she goes downstairs around 8 she doesn't see Kara anywhere. "Mom, have you seen kara?" I ask "no, sweety why?" Eliza asks. "We kinda argued a little this morning and she ran out of the room," Alex says guiltily. Eliza try's to stay calm and says "maybe she is already at school?".  "She did take her backpack with her," I answer. Eliza nods and gives me a plate with some pancakes. I eat them in silence and then realize. "Mom, did she eat something?" I ask. "I don't think so sweety, take some pancakes to school for her?" Eliza says. If she is there I whisper. When I finish my pancakes I put some in my backpack and leave for the bus

When I step on the bus I go and sit next to Maggie. Nina comes up to me and asks "where is kara?". I try to think of an answer but I can't find one that sounds reasonable "kara... Is kind of missing... We'll not exactly mom Thi ks she is already at school." I just say. "So then we have to hope Little Danvers is at school?" Maggie ask. Nia is quiet but I ignore it "Maggie...I'm not exactly sure if Kara likes the name little Danvers... Once we see her you can ask it... Ok?" I say because Kara went to the bathroom right after Maggie called her Little Danvers. "Sure I'll ask her"

.............................................................................
Authors note.
I'm so sorry it's been way to long since I updated. I was working on this before I left for French camp and just got back today finished it and now it's here for you guys

Ps: I'm sorry it's so short